Hercules Steel 4 deck mapping, TPro ...help!

Default Hercules Steel 4 deck mapping, TPro ...help!

Hi all,

First thread!

Been on the boards before, some very talented people here. Glad to be a part of what's moving things forward.

I have a problem with a Hercules Steel Controller that I'm trying to evaluate for purchase. I have it for another day. I spent yesterday trying to debug the only "current" mapping that I could get from Hercules - gave up after 5 hours. It's a mess, functions triggering other functions, stopping decks. End result, I can't get it working to a point where I can even evaluate the f*****g thing.

So, please , does anyone have a TPro (latest Version) tsi, that has 4 deck control, functional effects, loops and cues? 4 deck control is a biggie for me. I do lots of layering and cue juggling on C&D.

It doesn't have to be complex, just solid, so I can figure out if I can get this thing to a point of usability. I know from my time on the boards that some of you guys have this controller, so if you can help, please do.

Thanks for your help,

drex.

Weird. I've used the Hercules mapping in the past (actually started from it and modified it for my needs) and I've never had any problems, even going through Traktor Updates. It offers the basic configuration, but it's solid.

What do you mean exactly by "functions triggering other functions" ?
    The Phat One

Hi DJ Phatso,

Functions triggering other functions...for example, when I switch the deck select "Apply Ctrl on" button and scroll to deck B, when deck A is playing, it will start the track in deck B playing, reduce the B deck gain fader and turn the deck A bass to zero.

There's others, but that's my current favourite.

It's just a matter of me now not having enough time to get it working before I have to return it.

The reason I picked it for evaluation / purchase is it's pretty solid, and I thought with the shift control per deck I could toggle to decks C& D, or do it with the scratch control.

But I need to get it working first and I can't even get two decks running properly.