VCI-100 Problem- electrical hum from line fader
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default VCI-100 Problem- electrical hum from line fader

Hi, I've had my VCI-100 FW 1.3 for about a year now and it has worked flawlessly. For the past few days, however, I noticed that the left line fader has been acting flaky. Whenever I move the fader to the top, it doesn't quite register in Traktor, so the line fader keeps jumping up and down quickly. Today, however, I also noticed when I moved the line fader up, the left deck also emits an electrical crackling sound. Does anyone know what is wrong and how to fix it? I haver a gig on Saturday and I'd to get this fixed before then.

Thanks in advance.

try cleaning the faders i had a similar problem minus the audio cracking and it was fixed with a good clean. can always replace em, i just dont know where you could find faders in time.

i'd like to know where to find line faders for this unit, period. i've read the article with regard to changing out the x-fade [here: http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/11/0...0-crossfader/] and someone makes mention that you can use them as line-fades but i don't understand how with the difference in travel distance being my main concern.
    Enver 'RedEyz' Pletilic

Managing Director / Label Manager

If yopu can take them out normally a little blast with WD40 or the US equivalent will sort them right out, that's what you do for faders on an analogue mixer, anyway.
    Tony the Pony.
    My soundcloud page. House, mainly.

Mixcloud & Website coming soon.

I would never ever use wd-40 on line faders. collects alot more grim and dust you will only have more problems. there is a comprehensive blog post about cleaning faders which im sure someone will link.

I believe all the faders are 60 mm 10 kOhm....but using pro crossfaders on all three seems like a waste of money to me.

I orded these ones from this post (part number is in there too) and they feel awesome. much smoother than the stock faders.

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4919

hope that helps

Edit: here it is.

http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/08/1...ers-jog-wheel/
    Last edited by sm00sh; 12-13-2010 at 06:28 PM.

actually i came across that first article you posted about an hour after i posted my above reply, sm00sh. it's too bad i didn't see it earlier, though, because i had just ordered a USB receptacle from Mouser. dammit!!

thanks for your reply, either way. =)
    Enver 'RedEyz' Pletilic

Managing Director / Label Manager

Quote Originally Posted by sm00sh View Post
    I would never ever use wd-40 on line faders.
    Really? I can see the logic in that but my friend (who is a full time DJ and producer, he has no other job) does that.......
    Tony the Pony.

Quote Originally Posted by ponyboy View Post
    Really? I can see the logic in that but my friend (who is a full time DJ and producer, he has no other job) does that.......
    wd 40 while can act as an excellent lubricant for most applications with conductive based electronics it is not recommended. the fader looses connectivity causing its position jumps around. with the vci-100 since no sound signal is being actuated by the fader, only data it might not be a huge problem. since you wont notice any fader bleeding. but in any case i would recommend some conductive potentiometer lube. this is what i use.

http://store.caig.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.293/.f

Quote Originally Posted by ponyboy View Post
    If yopu can take them out normally a little blast with WD40 or the US equivalent will sort them right out, that's what you do for faders on an analogue mixer, anyway.
    dude are you mad in the head! WD40, you might as well send your mixer to hell and get satan to vomit into it.

I'm with sm00sh, get the proper stuff. it might cost a bit more, but in my opinion you cant put a price on a working mixer. (which of course is totally wrong, you can very easily put a price on a mixer, but you get my point!)

Quote Originally Posted by sm00sh View Post
    wd 40 while can act as an excellent lubricant for most applications with conductive based electronics it is not recommended. the fader looses connectivity causing its position jumps around. with the vci-100 since no sound signal is being actuated by the fader, only data it might not be a huge problem. since you wont notice any fader bleeding. but in any case i would recommend some conductive potentiometer lube. this is what i use.

http://store.caig.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.293/.f
    HAHAH!

That's a great link to an expensive way to buy wd40 if you ask me! lol.
    Tony the Pony.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast