Question regarding top40 mixing

Default Question regarding top40 mixing

Im relatively new to mixing. I have done a handful of parties but I have always played my native music genres being electro and house. I am doing a few more parties in the near future where people want me to throw in some of the pop top40 crap. I am decent at mixing electro and house but only because the similar bpm and the songs are extremely familiar to me. I have heard mixes on the radio where djs use a sample or some sound effects to transition the songs because of their different bpm's or whatever. Can anyone give a simple tutorial or point me in the right direction to get me started? thanks

One thing you can look into is finding popular house remixes of top 40 songs. A lot of them are out there, and that's something that you will be able to mix in well to your normal sets, while potentially keeping the crowd happy.

Quote Originally Posted by BigC View Post
    One thing you can look into is finding popular house remixes of top 40 songs. A lot of them are out there, and that's something that you will be able to mix in well to your normal sets, while potentially keeping the crowd happy.
    yeah good call, i have done this in the past.