STANTON STR8-30 for timecode use.
    Tech Wizard

Default STANTON STR8-30 for timecode use.

hey anyone had some experience with STANTON STR8-30 for scratching with traktor? would this be a good starter deck? might be able to get some for a good price. or i was also looking at the T.52 any thoughts people?

also can anyone know a good cheap scratching mixer, might get one 2nd hand i have looked around but not had much luck.

cheers.

t.52 will be better for that. while the str8 series is a great turntable the 30's are low torque and pretty much useless for scratch application. if u want to get a str8 get atleast a str8-100 or if possible the 150. Vestax PMC06 is great a scratch mixer so if u just want it for scratching and juggling ur good but it only has a 2 band EQ. might i also suggest for tables the numark tt500's are great. just like the TTX but cheaper for lack of the digital girth found in the X.
    Durty Harry
    13" Macbook Pro, Numark TTXUSB, Vestax VMC002XLU (upgraded to cf-pcv crossfader,) Vestax PMC-05 PRO III, Audio 4 DJ, Kontrol X1, Traktor Scratch Duo. -----WWW.LABWERXDJS.NET-----

Tech Wizard

ok thanks man, thats what i wanted to know man cos i could get some srt8-30 for a good price but i will want them for scratching so no point if there useless. looks like the t.52 will be the next ones in my price range.

also that Vestax PMC06 is a bit to much was looking more in the £70-£100 range any ideas?

cheers.

The t 52 is still a belt-drive turntable - really NOT what you want to get for scratching. The t 60 (now the t 62) isn't much more expensive but is direct drive (necessary for any sort of scratching) and has gotten pretty good reviews- and much less expensive than the t 150 which is the top of the line Stanton. I am looking at tt's right now as well and the t 60's were going for $50-70 each on ebay (used).
    The gemini xl 500's are also an ok bargain-price direct drive tt, the other half of our duo plays on them and they get the job done.
    good luck

think i had the 52 and 92 mixed up. my bad. thanks for clearin that up ^^
    Durty Harry
    13" Macbook Pro, Numark TTXUSB, Vestax VMC002XLU (upgraded to cf-pcv crossfader,) Vestax PMC-05 PRO III, Audio 4 DJ, Kontrol X1, Traktor Scratch Duo. -----WWW.LABWERXDJS.NET-----

Tech Wizard

ok cool, thanks for all the info, now the ebay hunt begins.

cheers.

Get a pair of STR8 stanton 150's second hand - i got a pair and they rock wiked ways
    Last edited by BentoSan; 03-06-2010 at 07:43 AM.