Someone School me on CDJ's with Midi Control and TP
    Tech Guru

Default Someone School me on CDJ's with Midi Control and TP

All,

Currently using a vci-100 and trigger finger, and been looking at different set ups and options. Have been looking at some CDJ's with midi control - have looked a the DN-1200 and 3700 and Pioneer 400's. Why are these not used more often as controllers. Are the jog wheels just not good enough in response because of TP and HID support? Just thinking of ways to expand my system and have a CDJ capability. Any thoughts on how these would fit in with a VCI-100 and is it worth looking into?

Tech Guru

400s are the best atm but there should be good support for 900's an d 2000's soon. they havnt really been adopted yet as most clubs use 1000's but hopefuly in a couple of years 2000's and 900's will take over

Tech Guru

God.... i wish Pioneer would just say to hell with it and make a HDJ (just te controller, no CD/USB capabilities). I think they would perform really well at the bedroom dj level, because guys would be able to get the feel of a club setup at home, without dropping 2 grand for 2 decks. Some other companies have tried this (dj tech kontrol 1), but I would love to see something backed by pioneer.

Tech Wizard

Perhaps something like this is good for you? Allthought it doesn't have midi options.

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11919