Looking to get a turntable setup
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Looking to get a turntable setup

Hey yall.

I'm looking to get a pair of tables. I've been doing the digital thing for a while, but I think a pair of tables would be a blast. So,

1. How much can I look to spend? I know I want technics 1200s (don't care if they're used.)
    2. I already have a Audio4DJ, will that work for DVS?
    3. Do I need a different version of Traktor for DVS? I have Traktor Pro right now.
    4. What is a good mixer? I don't want a cheap one but I want the best bang for my buck.

Any tips? Advice. Thanks a lot guys!

There's a person locally (in nashville that's pretty rare) selling two 1200mk2s, a gemini mixer and Ortofon cartridges. I'm not sure what would be a proper offer. She says she's only played on them once. She says she was offered 200 each for the decks. Sounds too good to be true.

What should I look out for and how much should I offer? I was thinking 800 for all of it.

She's saying 600 for the whole package. That seems really cheap.

No idea how much gear like that is in the US, but in the UK, 2x1210s 2nd hand will set you back £300.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

that's like 600 bucks converted. I figure 2 1200s a gemini mixer some ortophon heads and a flight case is a pretty good deal.

I just paid $350 for a set used that need new cables. So you figure at least $110 each for the needles and the flight case and you are more or less getting the mixer free.
    2 x Techinics 1200 mkIIs, SL1, Pioneer DJM-500, Novation Dicer, Stanton 680 carts, Acer Aspire 1410 11" Netbook
    ----------------------------------------------------

http://twitter.com/djlokifl

Tech Wizard

200-300 per 1200 is pretty standard.

I got my pair of 1210s with Shure Whitelabels for $400. Was super happy.

This is very informative. I might take her up on the offer just cause in my neck of the woods I doubt I'll see a broad selection of Technics, and I can actually go and check them out.

What should I check out on them to make sure they're in good condition?

Quote Originally Posted by stringerhye View Post

What should I check out on them to make sure they're in good condition?
    If you are planning on using timecode, pay close attention to the cables. Make sure they plug into your sound card good and snug. Wasnt a big deal for me because I have a friend that knows how to open them up and fix them and we had already planned on opening them up to ground them internally. If you are going to have them open, its not a huge deal to replace cables. Make sure the pitch fader is smooth and watch to make sure that the action on the platter is the exact opposite on either end of the fader. The 4 separate rings on the outside of the platter should be smooth and no jerks or jumps.
    2 x Techinics 1200 mkIIs, SL1, Pioneer DJM-500, Novation Dicer, Stanton 680 carts, Acer Aspire 1410 11" Netbook
    ----------------------------------------------------

http://twitter.com/djlokifl

I believe you need Traktor Scratch Duo as well if you plan on using Traktor. The Audio 4 DJ should be fine for Duo, but I believe you need an Audio 8 for anything more than just 2 decks.

Other than that, it sounds like that is a solid deal if the tables are in good condition. There are some explanation videos on youtube by that DJ Teacher guy that actually are fairly informative about how to check tables. And others by other folks really.

That sounds pretty much like what my buddy is using for his setup. He has 1200Mk5's, gemini 3 channel mixer, and nothing special heads/carts. I know he paid a lot more than what you are figuring.

So if you have the cash, go watch a couple videos on checking tables out, and snap that deal up before someone jumps on it imo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast