Looking for an excellent sampler!
    Tech Student

Default Looking for an excellent sampler!

Hiya,

Any suggestions on a digital sampler as versatile as the Korg Kaossilator Pro, but with higher quality sound fidelity? I have read that the KKP has a slight degradation of sound quality.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Roland Sp 404. You can find used ones fairly cheap. I had one for a while until it was stolen. Now I just use the little one on my KP3, which I'm assuming is the same as the Kaossilator Pro. Not bad at all. Does everything I want it to do. But the KP3 is effects not a synth. And it does have sample effects and a dry/wet as well as a volume which I don;t think the Kaossilator pro has... Button action isn't that of more "playable" samplers. If you are looking for a real sampler go with something else. If you are looking for a bit of a sampler and some more great stuff get a KP3.

My 2 favorite hardware samplers - mpc1000 and korg electribe sx.
    The mpc just gets it done, my main complaint about it is the effects suck/are worthless. But forgiving that little problem... its modern so its max sampling time is great and second only to the roland mv series. The korg electribe is much more simple but immediate. Its architecture is more simple and memory is at a premium so to really get good use of it memory cards are a must. The electribe was my 1st piece of hardware like 5 years ago. To really get the most out of it (especially from the perspective of djing) you would use all the sample time on one song, setting it up so that the cards are just all the patterns and samples for a single song and think of the patterns in the "pattern set" function as smart cue points

Tech Guru

Maschine by NI is great...Do a youtube search, you'll find tons of goodness.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::