Tractor frezing

Thread: Tractor frezing

Default Tractor frezing

Once in a while when i try and load a song , it will come nup in red at the bottome and say all that dmr crap and tracktor will freeze .Yet here is the wierd part the song is not dmr protected . If I restart it will play .I am using traktor pro scratch ,vci 100 , midi fighter ,2 american audio cd decks and a numark mixer.My comp is 4 g memory 500gig hd + 1 tb external and striped down to the bone

Tech Mentor

does it for me....keep a cd loaded as backup.

I shall apologise in advance for this.

there's your problem right there son ... its a goddamn massey ferguson, john deere all the way.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

NO WAY... i grew up on a farm and we had all Massey Ferguson.

I really like the old 35. Great for nipping to the shop for Pies at dinner time.

We got one old John Deere and it was shit. It had a big scoop on it though so it was really wobbly. It was very old when John Deere was White, yes it was white how odd.

Do you think that is Archie in the picture !!!

OH btw - are you not sure that the files are not WAVs ? Its just telling you it cant write to the file.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post

Do you think that is Archie in the picture !!!
    I can confirm that is my good self in the picture. 37 years of living in Scotland is beginning to take it's toll, I admit.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    OH btw - are you not sure that the files are not WAVs ? Its just telling you it cant write to the file.
    I've had the exact same problem happen for me a handful of times. Though, it is rare enough that I ussually just work around it by playing a different song.

All of my audio files MP3 format and it will happen with song files I have not only played many many times but also have saved cue points loops etc. too. It will work 1000 times in a row and then randomly (it seems) one time it won't load and throws the DRM error the original poster mentioned. I can try loading it by finding it in my Traktor collection or digging down into it via my iTunes library. Doesn't matter which I do once it throws the error the track is locked out. However, if I simply quit Traktor and relaunch it then I can load the exact same file without error and it still has all my cue points etc. Not that I am going to quit TSP in the middle of a set to fix it.

I'm pretty confident that it's not user error. However, I haven't been able to track down the cause of the problem. There is no error logging that I know of and it happens so sporadicly that I can't even begin to come up with a reliable repro for it. It doesn't even happen with the same track(s) each time it does.

How often does it happen? Well... I probably spend an average of 10-15 active hours in Traktor every week consistently and in the last 6 months I'd estimate that this error has occured no more than 8 or 10 times. Considering how often I am loading a track, that's gotta be much less than a 1/2 a percent repro chance for me.

Typically for me I just work around it by playing a different track but if I had a really important gig that I setup a pre-planned set for I'd by mighty p***ed off if half way through at the actual gig I found out one of my songs wouldn't load. That in mind, I have seen it enough times that when I do play a pre-planned set I will go through and load every track from the set into a deck in Traktor before I go on to make sure I don't have any problems. I've never seen a scenario where once I launch TSP and load a track successfully I loose the ability to load that same track again in the same session. I've only seen it such that I can not load a given track ever in a given session but it will work when I attempt in a new session.