Daisy-chaining SL-1/3 and Audio8? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

That's fcking brilliant. Good call, Loki.

Quote Originally Posted by PartyMcFly View Post
    Anyone ever try daisy-chaining an Audio8 and an SL-1? Does it work? What order of the chain works best?

I'm trying out a bar night with another dj who uses Serato (I'm using TScratch). We'd like to mix together for most of the night rather than playing separate sets.

Any experience doing this?
    I do not know what is daisy chaining or whatever but i think you are looking for solution on how switch between DJs as fast as possible or even do it over and over. One thing we do when i play with my friend that has Virtual DJ DVS is actually very simple. You just need the NI multicore cables.

You setup your multicores with your A8/A4 like usual, but you do not plug Mixer TT/CD pair of RCAs into mixer (you need those if you want to switch between timecode and real records)... Actualy this end of RCAs mirror the signal that is coming from turntables, so you plug those RCAs to cable extensions that goes into input of Serato box. So when you need to change DJ, you just need to switch the control vinyl. But you need to plug Serato DJ into mix aswell, for that, u need 4 channel mixer to change seamlessly between DJs (the outputs from Serato box will go to 2 remaining channels) or you can get away with just 3 channel mixer, where one channel will be "shared" so you would have to manualy switch Line in Cables).
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12