Midi with Pioneer
    Tech Convert

Default Midi with Pioneer

hey gang, i was wondering if there is a site i can find to help me integrate Pioneer products that have midi built in to control Traktor. it would be really great to go to a club and instal just one set of inputs to a mixer and a midi cable and control the rest from the software side through midi.

i generally dj gigs at places that have Pioneer djm-700 and djm-800

logically speaking it looks like i can have one master out (no external mixer in software) to the mixer and use the external mixer as a midi controller.

let me know if this sounds feasible team

i dont use scratch, i control the decks using hotkeys, just computer and mixer
    M-Audio Firewire Audiophile
    ext. FW 800 250 GB HD
    Last edited by Grizz; 10-10-2008 at 02:17 PM.

totally feasible do you have an 800 or 700 at your disposal to map out ? If not I'm sure if you ask around someone has a decent TKS for 1 or both .

feasible yes...ideal no.

Using existing hardware in a club as your midi device will always be really iffy, different places always have different equipment so you will have to write up alot of different tks files for all the different equipment that is around the place. This is pretty much why everyone here has their own equipment which they take to the clubs.

Tech Convert

i would like to be able to switch between both when i dj. i have access to a djm 700 more at my residency but still use a djm 800 once in a while. if anyone has a good tks file send it my way. thanks

Tech Convert

Default manual

i did download a manual from pioneer for the djm-800 so i will try a do a few "tweeks" on that first. i don't know if the djm 700 is any different. lets see how my first midi experience goes....

Tech Mentor

goood luckkk BTW u live in MIAMI BEACH how awesoem if u need any help just hit me up

lol