Strange sound card/MIDI issue

Default Strange sound card/MIDI issue

I use my laptop (which is flagging) mostly and all works fine. However, as my laptop is struggling at the moment, I decided to use my desktop for practising.

I have a SoundBlaster Audigy 2 Platinum eX sound card in it. I've set it up to use Creatuve ASIO 2 in, 4 out setting, with a pair of Bose PC speakers to be used as monitors. I'm using a VCI100 as a controller.

However, whenever I press certain buttons, like play, juggle, loop etc, it seems to be sending some kind of strange MIDI signal to my PC making a piano key noise whenever they're pressed.

I've played with setting but can;t for the life of me find out where to turn it off. Any ideas!?
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Tech Convert

Go to the Windows Mixer, and MUTE the internal sound card midi synth.