VCi-100 not recognized. Win7, HP DV6, Halp!

Default VCi-100 not recognized. Win7, HP DV6, Halp!

Dear Techies,

I write this out of pure desperation. I have been trying for a month now to get my VCi-100 working with my new laptop.

Specs:
    HP Dv6, Core i5, 500GB HDD, Windows 7 x64, 7200rpm drive, 4GB ram.

Now, it DOES have a webcam, which I know could be the issue, but I have no idea how to tackle the two to get it working! Basically, the VCi-100's power light comes on when I plug it in, but nothing else. I plug it into my PowerBook G4, and boom, lights go on like a disco.

What's driving me crazy is, I had an HP DV7, running Vista x64, and it worked flawlessly. Took maybe 10 minutes to set up.

Any help will be greatly appreciated :crys:

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

I think you need to try and find a USB audio device driver that is interfering and remove it.

Try looking around for the "Logitech driver issue"

i've been searching the topic, but it seems people just post "oh nevermind, I found it. Problem solved" without posting HOW they fixed the issue, lol.

Anyone know where I should be looking? There are a lot of 'usbxxx' drivers with different endings, i'm not sure which would be for audio.

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    I think you need to try and find a USB audio device driver that is interfering and remove it.

Try looking around for the "Logitech driver issue"
    yeah go into add / remove programs and remove any logitech software that potentially is installed - i know you say you dont have a webcam but this is the biggest cause of these issues so i receommend you atleast take a look

I've tried uninstalling the 'HP Webcam' driver (I do have a webcam, built into the lid of my lappy), and once I plug something else in, it detects the missing driver, and re-installs it.

I'm going nuts here.

Tech Convert

Hey,

Have you had any joy with this as I am having the exact same issue? I am using a Sony Viao with windows 7 and seem to experiencing the exact same problems. When I plug the VCI in it lights up, however the laptop just doesnt recognise the controller and doesnt install the drivers? Surely there must be someone who has overcome this issue??

Cheers

M

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

The issue is with one of the USB audio drivers - that is well known, however the problem is it is very hard to tell exactly which driver is causing the issue.

The first time I solved it - a couple of years ago I had to end up blindly removing all the USB audio drivers on my friends laptop. You could try this option if your laptop has a restore disc otherwise I would not recommend it.

You could try disabling all the usb audio drivers, and then enabling them one by one untill you figure out which one is causing the issue...

Wow, I'm not the only one! I'm sorry your having the same issue, but I'm glad I'm not dealing with it alone

Thanks for the insight Midifidler. I might try disablng them and pluging it in, hopefully that'll work. Asside from doing that I'm not sure what else to try. I uninstall the webcam driver and it just reinstalls it.

I just read about XP for Windows 7. it let's you run XP inside windows 7, and access USB ports. This might be a work around, I'll give it a try asap and report back.

Instead of doing workarounds with XP and such, I would personally create a seperate user account for your DJ'ing. From there, you can modify the account so that only certain things run at startup/throughout usage and certain things don't i.e. your webcam, wireless card, ethernet card, sd card reader, basically anything extraneous that has nothing to do with the DJ hardware and software. It should just eliminate the problem as you can also uninstall the driver as an admin and if the camera never runs it shouldn't re-install the drivers on that user profile. Hope that helps, let me know how it goes

Ok folks, thanks for all the support and help.

In a final attempt at fixing my issue, I did a complete factory reinstall of the OS and software on my laptop. After everything finished, as soon as I got to the desktop, I plugged in my VCi-100 and the drivers loaded right up! I then did my MPD32, and it worked too!

Not sure what happened to mess up the drivers initially, but a complete wipe of the computer fixed it.

I'm so happy to be making and mixing music again. It's crazy how influential being able to do what you love is on your body. I was literally becoming depressed because I was stressed so hard on this issue. And now I can breathe easy.

Thanks all