How to set up a secound monitor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How to set up a secound monitor

Watching some of these tutorials and youtube videos .I have seen people using their laptop then another bigger moniter off to the side how do you do it and . ALso i saw somwhere can not remember the sit but this guy opend up hs program on his laptop the dragged it over to the bigger screen how is that done any help thanks

you have to connect the secondary monitor to the vga/hdmi port on the laptop then go in to the graphics properties and tell the computer how to setup the two screens. there are a few different modes, clone, additional secordary or primary modes depending on what you are trying to do.

in a video were someone drags a window from one monitor to another, then they have the second monitor as an extended desktop. if you just wanted the same thing on both screens you would use clone.

it's pretty easy, best of luck
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by charo View Post
    you have to connect the secondary monitor to the vga/hdmi port on the laptop then go in to the graphics properties and tell the computer how to setup the two screens. there are a few different modes, clone, additional secordary or primary modes depending on what you are trying to do.

in a video were someone drags a window from one monitor to another, then they have the second monitor as an extended desktop. if you just wanted the same thing on both screens you would use clone.

it's pretty easy, best of luck
    charo nailed it here, probably because hes a cute cookie. ;]

Quote Originally Posted by cutflow View Post
    charo nailed it here, probably because hes a cute cookie. ;]
    Thanks very much , you have me lmao thanks again. One more stupid question if the plug at the end of my monitor is too big for my laptop addapter i would assume

what is the model and make of the computer?

----
    there is no cookie

I recently bought a second monitor to dj with- its setup behind my decks.

I just plug it in via the VGA port, right click on the desktop then click "screen resolution" (win 7), enable the monitor, then setup the resolution size to the max supported size and make sure the "extend my desktop" option is selected so i have 2 individual monitors and not just a cloned monitor.

dell insperon 1750 4gig ram 500 ghd core duo 2.20 ghz . I have 2 usb 1 cat5 and one looks like a small vga

looks like a regular vga on the left hand side its the pics i'm seeing from search are right

yes but it is smaller then the one on my monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by deejaygee View Post
    yes but it is smaller then the one on my monitor.
    i didn't know vga came in different sizes? could be something like svga...? (or have i made that up?)

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast