RELOOP DJ 2 vs. M AUDIO XPONENT

Default RELOOP DJ 2 vs. M AUDIO XPONENT

Hi all,
    I am on edge of getting controller for my DJing. Since I do not have lot of experience with controllers I would like to ask for your opinions.
    I like Vestax VCI 100, but no money for it at moment, since I have to buy everything from scratch, including laptop.

I was looking at M Audio Xponent and also Reloop Digital Jockey 2. I use primarilly Traktor for virtual fun.
    I like both maschines, M audio little more for more controls, but I heard in both cases complaints about build quality.
    M audio for faders and sometimes even sound interface.
    Reloop for Play, Cue buttons.

Any comments, experiences, proposals for another controlers?

Did somebody actually try to use four decks at traktor with M Audio?

Thanks.
    Have fun.
    Emtyx.
    Last edited by emptyx; 03-15-2010 at 06:04 AM.

I have a reloop DJ IE 2. Its my first and only controller and I bought it second hand. So i guess its seen some action. I use it almost daily for a few hours, but never gigged it.
    Its a great controller and all the buttons and encoders feel nice and solid. The Platters are also a joy to use and the faders feel quality. Nothing like you'd find on a cheap numark controller.
    Having said that, it has developed a couple of sticky buttons. They havent broken yet and its a bit intermittent whether theyre sticky or not. Nothing a stern jab of the finger wont fix though
    Theres plenty of ongoing support on their website and forums also, which is nice. The mappings are sufficient to get you started and theres some tutorial videos on there too that proved invaluable when trying to decypher the features.

Overall, I love it. The one and only thing i would change about it is the rotary effects encoders. Theyre not smooth, they have tiny increments, which can get obvious on the effects sometimes.

Other than that, i dont think reloop get the credit they deserve for making a solid piece of professional equipment.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Thanks Flash101uk ,
    Much needed info, especially with reliability. I found poll on youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daoF3kX9stk
    which sound more for xponent, but its also plastic and I red serious complaints about failing touch sensor of jog wheels, faders, problem with audio interface.
    Think is, I do not have lot of money, so I want the get maximum of what I have.
    Cheers man,
    Have fun.
    Emtyx

Tech Mentor

i can only comment on the fell of these two and imho the reloop feels sturdier and definitely has the nicer jog wheels.
    Stanton SCS3 System

Thanks. Do you consider RLP DJ2 as a sturdy controller, generally talking? I had litle fragile feeling while I had it and never experienced xponent.
    Last edited by emptyx; 03-16-2010 at 04:07 PM.

Tech Mentor

well, not as sturdy as the vestax stuff (especially the tr-1 is hard to beat when it comes to built quality), but not far from it i'd say feeling-wise.
    mind i dont have any long term experiences on it, so i cant talk about durability.
    the xponent felt more like a toy to me. if the dj2 felt fragile, the xponent definitely will too.
    Stanton SCS3 System

Tech Wizard

Ever look at the Numark Omni Control? Pretty sturdy controller with a soundcard built into it. My friend has one and loves it

hi thanks,
    I believe reloop and xponent are better. bigger, touch sensitive jog wheels, better shaped, bigger and I think more control options as well.
    But thanks for opinion.
    I am in primarily focus on soundcard, but touch sensitive jog wheels, which I can not get in controller edition.

Hallo all,
    I found this forum which deals with .tsi file for xponent and Traktor. Since I use primarily Traktor, Xponent has minus here. People are trying to map T on xponent and I had feeling before they are having well functioning solution, than T update comes and remapping is needed.
    Is here anybody working with xponent on T. Thanks for opinion.
    Here is link on NI official forum.
    http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...hlight=xponent