How's the CF on the Nocturn?

Default How's the CF on the Nocturn?

Anybody used one? How is the CF?

Tech Guru

I own one. Fucking loooove it. Mostly because its so versatile and has sooo many functions packed into such a tiny controller (automap FTW).

The crossfader is ... average. It is a cheap controller afterall. I dont use it for doing anything complex Or like someone would use a standard CF. But would be fine for it...

Its v smooth, but it just feels somewhat plasticy and cheap.. It doesnt compare to virtually any mixer CF. I also think I prefer the CF on the M-Audio X-Session Pro.

You love it ? I own one and hate it lol
    The knobs dont send relative data which is the biggest pain in the butt, i also really dont like the system they use because its already used up 8 of the buttons. I could have done midi translators on the device to be able to achieve this same functionality(though i wouldnt have because i dont like it).

The crossfader feels absolutely terrible, its really stiff.

Overall i am not happy enough with the nocturne to implement it into my setup.

Tech Guru

Yes I love it.. for what it is.

I find it pretty awesome to have so many controls in one tiny controller. If I could be fucked with setting up all the translation stuff (not that I can cos Bomes doesnt work on OSX for me) prob would piss me off that can only use 1/2 the buttons.

Most people are not midi translation whores like you ;P

Yeah just got home and played with crossfader a bit. Its pretty shit, worse then I remembered.. I dont really use the CF on it much.

Am going to replace the nocturn/xsession pro with a remote ZeRo SL eventually.