Will I be able to use my computer speakers with my setup?

Default Will I be able to use my computer speakers with my setup?

I am waiting on a VCI-100 and the Audio2dj soundcard. That ate up the funds so better monitoring ability will have to wait.

Will traktor play directly out through my Imac speakers (2.1 powered creatives) or will I need to run from the soundcard to the speakers?

I did a search and couldn't find anything specific on this.

Sorry for the newb question.

Tech Guru

If your master out is going to the audio 2, then you will have to hook the input of whatever speakers you have to the master output on the audio 2.

You just throw headphones on the monitor channel.

Do your speakers have an aux in that is open? You could just throw a 1/4 to 1/8 over into that jack.
    Last edited by sine143; 03-17-2010 at 03:41 PM.

There is no aux input on the speaker system. I'm guessing I can just unplug them from the computer and use 1/4 to 1/8 adapter into the speakers. I'm assuming that is what you are saying.

Tech Guru

Yep, that will do yah. If you actually need computer sound as well, you could always run a splitter.

Thanks. Just trying to get my ducks in order so I can play when everything gets here. Feel like a kid waiting on Christmas morning.

Tech Mentor

but you can always mix with your headphones, i guess playing the main master on your right and then cueing tracks on your left. thats how i might start it out at first since i can play loud music here at certain times but using that method i should be able to practice at whatever time i want. 2am, 4am. anytime. if theres a downside to this, then i won't know what that is. but i was recommended by someone a longtime ago on here