Enter the Digital World ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Enter the Digital World ?

Hello DJTT

Right now im using cdj's (you can check my sig ) should i make the switch and use 2 kontrol x1's...I was looking for the opinions of people who have made the switch or are using kontrol X1's cause i think the x1's are a monster piece of equipment and might make the switch what do you think? should i or no???
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

Tech Guru

Why make a "switch"? you are already on traktor.... you could just add 2 x1, then You have 2 great setups, and can easily control 4 decks, or switch between 2 diff setups, in the same set!

Tech Guru

honestly thats a sweet idea and im liking the way you think

appreciate the help
    +1000000000000
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

Tech Mentor

+1 great idea... its really a win, win for you

i would do the same but i cant get my cdj 400s to hook up to traktor

Tech Guru

No problem man. You have a sick setup. The djm 800 is a beast, and if you play out regularly, then you can start the night with the cdjs, then, be like, hey guys, I got a little extra for ya. Plug in the X1s, and then play the rest of your set on those (to stick it to those cdj users) or better yet, start using 4 decks. Kick ass take names if you get me.

Tech Guru

yea sounds good to me but thanks for opening up these ideas

and btw what u mean by "kick ass take names if you get me"

Tech Guru

To kick ass, and take names. Means you are gonna kill it on the decks, and be king of the hill.

Tech Guru

thats the way to be hah but im most likely going to buy 1 X1 to get the feel of it and get used to everything (also not to break the bank) and most likely i would go for the second x1 after

but i was thinkin between the A&H 1D or X1 but i think imma go for the x1

Tech Guru

You could always pick up a 1d and an x1 if you like. If you have both integrated into your setup, you might find you spend more time on one. then you can sell off the one you dont like as much.

There were some 1Ds that were very attractively priced on the buy/sell section of this forum a bit back.

Tech Guru

good point but i don't think i have the patience =/ but ive been doing all my research and i think if im eventually going to buy 2 of one ( either 2 A&H 1D's ; or 2 Kontrol X1's)

so i think on the 1d those faders arent really necessary and the jogwheel is taken up by rotaries & the x1 is lighter so... dont get me wrong they're both amazing controller but i feel the x1 in all is just much more user friendly and fits my needs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast