Using an NS7 as a sound card only

Default Using an NS7 as a sound card only

I currently play with two different setups:

One is my Traktor Pro/VCI-100/etc/etc setup and a cheap DJiO soundcard. I play around with this at home and for small private gigs.

The other is a Serato/NS7 house setup at my current weekly spot. I come in, bring my music on a flash drive, and play completely on their system, laptop and all.

I want to start playing with my VCI and Traktor at my weekly spot, but the DJiO just isn't a good option for that- at best, I have to send the outs from the iO into the Aux of the NS7, and I think that sounds like crap.

To me, the simple solution would be to just plug the NS7 straight into my lappy, route Traktor's audio through it, and get on with my day without the cheap sound card in between.

I've tried installing the NS7 drivers to just go for it, but the installation was glitchy, and Traktor never recognized the NS7. Has anyone tried this before?

I'm on a PC, Traktor 1.2.1
    Trump

Trance is:"By far the best form of music that exists. A recent study showed that if a population is divided into musical preference, those who claim a strong allegiance to trance have the highest average IQ. Trance is the music of the genius-generation."

according to this:

NS7 employs kernel-level audio drivers to deliver the tightest performance possible. NS7 also supports ASIO and Core Audio drivers, so audio and MIDI from multiple software applications and audio sources can be passed through the NS7 hardware

it should work, you need to make sure the asio drivers for the ns7 and select those in traktor

Thanks man,

You're all over my stuff this week with good simple answers... Now if I could only make it work...
    Trump

Trance is:"By far the best form of music that exists. A recent study showed that if a population is divided into musical preference, those who claim a strong allegiance to trance have the highest average IQ. Trance is the music of the genius-generation."

It seems like a lot of hassle to use the NS7 as a soundcard. I recommend getting a better soundcard. I used the DJ I/O for awhile and had lots of problems with it. I got a Presonus Firebox for $100. You can plug that into the club's mixer and get all the power you need. Make sure you get 1/4 to RCA adapters if you do that.
    BlackBook, MidiFighter, Traktor Kontrol S4, AIAIAI TMA-1, Raw Passion