BCD 3000 mapping help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default BCD 3000 mapping help

Hi,

I've been trying all afternoon to make a mapping for my bcd3000 but gave up because I found it just to confusing even using the tutorial I found but yeh...Anyways I was looking for some mappings others have made and I found a few which seemed good but when I loaded them they were completely different. I'm running Traktor Scratch Pro v1.2.1 on my mac os x 10.6.2 Snow Leopard. Is this because the mappings are for a different version of Traktor? And if so is there any v1.2.1 mappings for the bcd3000?

Thanks
    Will

Have you tried the NI forums?

When I had a BCD3000 I picked one up from a Dutch DJ on there - it was the one that everyone recommeneded and it worked really well.

I'll have to see if I've still got the file at home anywhere.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Tech Guru

update traktor. The mapping stuff was improved a lot with new updates (although 1.2.1 may have been the bulk of it).

hey Wil' if you still havent found, or made, a suitable mapping for the BCD3k lemmi know and ill upload the ones i have collected over time, ive got at least 3 or 4 mappings made by diff people. im pretty sure they have instructions and pictures with them...

but i strongly recommend that you make your own, seriously until you experiment and figure out how to make your own midi map you wont know the true capabilities of the unit or of the software... i started with a mapping by haang and modified pretty much everything except the basic transport controls.

id share my mapping with you, but i havent uploaded it anywhere yet because 1. i simply have no time or patience to create either a manual or a diagram explaning all my modifiers and stuff 2. no time/patience to take requests and/or bugfixes 3. when i export my midi mapping settings from traktor it exports as some kind of strange format, and im not really sure youll be able to use it...

so if you still want my mapping lemmi know, or if you want me to upload them other mappings i can do that as well...

Hi wikkid1,

Do you have any place i could read up about the modifiers and midi commands. I have the bcd3000.
    Teaching it the normal stuff is easy.
    I struggle big time when i want to make the scratch button act as a shift button and link more effects to that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx

@DJStone:

i didnt really bother with looking for any resources on how to create my own midi mapping. originally i was planning on sticking with the mapping by haang, but as i was getting a hang of all his modifiers and modes and stuff i found it really confusing, some things that i wanted were harder to reach then they needed to be and stuff like that. so i simply opened the midi control settings inside traktor and started "reading" through it line by line and just trying to figure out what it is that each line does. it didnt take too long to figure out how the whole system is set up, so from there i basically took out all his modifiers and replaced all that with whatever works for me.

im not sure what you mean by midi commands though, if youre talking about the note assignments to buttons and LEDs there is a diagram for that at http://raritiesvault.net/bcd3000/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4 ... blue codes are for input msgs and the red ones are for output to LEDs.

what do you mean by "make the scratch button act as a shift button and link more effects to that." i understand that you want to make it a modifier, but im not understanding what you mean by linking more effects to it. do you want the scratch buttons to switch your current effects to another effect? like scroll through effects?

anyway, thats as much as i can help you without knowing your exact problem, if you need any more help just post another reply and ill see if i can help you out.

Remembered the blokes name. It was DJ Arno who made the BCD3000 map I used ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

yeah, ive got a mapping by DJ Arno as well... its for T3 though, dunno if he made an update for TPro

@Wikkid1,
    Thanks for your reply.
    I'll try and explain what i would like to do.

I don't use the scratch function at all, I'm not a scratch DJ.
    SO, there I have to buttons for left and right deck extra.
    I read that I f you program a button to act as a shift button it will then allow you to use other features and assign it to it.

In other words: I have my normal effects programmed as per NI.
    Would I be able to make the scratch act as shit and enable double the use on the effects.
    I have a cool video on setting up a linked effect on one knob with 3 effects acting as one.

This could then mean having 3 combined effect when the shift aka scratch button is used.

Having my normal effects when turn off.

Does this make sense to you?

Regards

@DJStone
    ok yeah, i think i understand what youre trying to do, let me go over it just to make sure i got it right. you have your effects mapped to the fx buttons/knobs on the bcd, and you want the scratch button to switch the selected effects? or do you want the scratch button to enable control of another effect unit? the reason for asking this is, if you just want it to switch the effects you have selected it would just be a regular mapping, but if you want this button to switch your control to another fx unit the mapping would instead be a modifier.

ok so if you want to make the scratch button to select a different set of effects for your active fx unit you would map it as effect 1/2/3 select for chained, or effect select for advanced, you learn the scratch button, set the controller to button, interaction direct, when you set it to direct it will open another option on the bottom part thats 'set to value' in there you select the effect you want this button to switch to. for chained effects you would repeat this process 2more times all learning the same button but selecting effect 1/2/3.

if youre trying to make it a modifier to enable use of fx unit 3 (or 4) you would do it like this:
    add in, modifier, pick a number, learn it to the scratch button, type of controller button, interaction mode either toggle or hold, for hold you will have the controls of the 3rd unit enabled as long as youre holding the button, toggle will toggle it on/off. make sure that on the bottom you select 'set to value' to 1. once youve got the modifier set up you will create more inputs and map all fx controls again but you have to add mod#=1this time in the mod field for all the controls, meaning that these are activated only when the modifier is activated.
    youll probably want to add an output as well, and map it to CC19 or CC11 accordingly, with modifier conditions m# = 1, type of controller LED and interaction more output, so that the LED on scratch button lights up when the modifier is activated.

there you go, i hope i explained how to do what you actually wanted to do... if not, well you at least now have an idea about how to set up a modifier, if you need me to go into any more detail, or any more help with this just holler have fun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast