RSS feed

Thread: RSS feed

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Default RSS feed

Hi guys

So... there are a lot of mixes that get posted, and I, frankly, barely have time these days to sleep, let alone sit in front of my computer at home and organize everything. I was wondering if it would be at all possible for us to set up some sort of podcast that we could RSS feed just to download these mixes, so I can just plug my new shiny ipod in and get the new mixes we are all making (including my own, of course ;-) ).

Any interest in it? I mean, if I could listen to this stuff at work it would be a lot easier, but I can't :-(

J
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

That is a good idea, i will look into this

Well, I am already browsing around for vBulletin & wordpress plugins. So, if you mail me the idea, I'll see what I can do you for.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

concur
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

it seems that what you are asking for is a podcast. That would be sweet. We could have a dj TT podcast and then users could submit their mixes to the podcast each week. Thats the easiest way to subscribe to an audio feed.

I have briefly looked into it and this is what I could find at the moment.

vBulletin is able to add podcast options to threads within a certain forum. The only bad is, people need to have a normal webspace to dump their mp3.
    Places like megaupload, rapidshare etc. will not work for this.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

Tech Mentor

mmm haved u guys tried PODOMATIC it work for me well i havent used in a while but like i did like 2 podcast with it and u can download them direclty to itunes like a podcast and everything is awesome

www.podomatic.com is the website

Will look into it shortly. Are there any limitations regarding size, or streaming of and to podcasts across domains?

Libsyn: http://www.libsyn.com. Unlimited bandwidth, cheap storage, and RSS-generating templates. I used them for years (I'm a podcaster for a living).
    Steve Boyett
    Podcasts: Groovelectric | Podrunner | Podrunner: Intervals
    Traktor user