Monome type controller toy

Default Monome type controller toy

http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics...truments/c4e1/

If HAL 9000 mated with R2-D2 and their electronic offspring was tutored by Kraftwerk it would probably end up something like the Bliptronic 5000 LED Synthesizer.

At once a minimalist musical plaything and a hardcore old-skool synthesizer, the Bliptronic defies categorization as it belts out 8-Bit style style tunes from its grid of glowing buttons.

You'll notice sound similar to a retro Casiotone with an interface not unlike a simplified Yamaha TENORI-ON... if that makes any sense. Either way, once you start touching the keys of the Bliptronic you'll be hooked by it's simple pattern-based approach to music.

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics...truments/c4e1/

If HAL 9000 mated with R2-D2 and their electronic offspring was tutored by Kraftwerk it would probably end up something like the Bliptronic 5000 LED Synthesizer.

At once a minimalist musical plaything and a hardcore old-skool synthesizer, the Bliptronic defies categorization as it belts out 8-Bit style style tunes from its grid of glowing buttons.

You'll notice sound similar to a retro Casiotone with an interface not unlike a simplified Yamaha TENORI-ON... if that makes any sense. Either way, once you start touching the keys of the Bliptronic you'll be hooked by it's simple pattern-based approach to music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rCfh...layer_embedded
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"

Kit for turning it into a monome available here:

http://www.straytechnologies.com/bli...code-released/
    Live 8 / X-session Pro / KP3 / SCS.3D / Launch Pad / Pacemaker

And a large pile of custom diy midi controllers

Sick!!!

Yea, its ugly as hell but you are going to struggle to get that many buttons for twice the price!
    Live 8 / X-session Pro / KP3 / SCS.3D / Launch Pad / Pacemaker

And a large pile of custom diy midi controllers

Tech Wizard

I built a bliptronome.

It is fun but REALLY software intensive and the response on the buttons in no good :/

Fun to do though and I learned to solder in the process, and 700 bucks cheaper than a monome!

Bliptronic has been posted here ages ago... Did not think that that was actually alive anylonger?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Student

Yep! Alive & well! ( I'm the guy who designed the board for it & porter the software.. ) Probably a hudred folks out there using them. I think of it as a gateway monome. for <$150 built.
    ColemanT drop me a line if your having button problems.. They're usually a little " clicky" but not unresponsive, per say.. might be easily solved by dropping the board a few millimeters.

Tech Wizard

would consider building one of these if getting a bliptronic in the uk in the first place wasnt such a ball ache . would sit nicely next to my monome and arduinome ... do teh pots keep functionality ?

Tech Student

Yeah, Shipping things that big over the ocean is a rip. It takes me $16US to ship a little bag of parts and a cable!

The kit comes with 4 nicer audio pots. (The original Bliptronic has some nasty clicky things that look like knobs, but are really switches) They can be used as ADC0-ADC3 in ArduinomeSerial. some patches like Polygome are ready to go with ADC settings.