Remix for Fat boy Slim contest (feedback pls)

Default Remix for Fat boy Slim contest (feedback pls)

I couldn't stop myself from doing this remix even though I have almost no time available and I truly think that Beatport contest are just a way of profiting with our ilusions

Even though the idea of being able to download the stems of 'Weapon Of Choice' quickly seduced me. And I decided to give it a shot. As I sayed I have almost no time available so having others listen an give me insight is of great help.

Please let me know what do you think and your suggestions are welocmed. The contest is simple, download the stems and upload the remix of the genre of your choice, I decided to tech it out a bit and well....
    this is my shot at it

Cheers!

Didn't work out so well for me. Well produced and all, but I felt like I was stuck waiting for that hook to drop the entire time. It just never really gets off the ground, but keeps grinding on and on. Sorry, but that's my honest opinion.

Shiit....I need to install Cubase or summing onto my Mac.....

I also wanna remix....its been a LOOONG time since i produced anything (2 years about).

I kinda agree.....waiting for the hook.

But its there matee!!!!!!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by korona View Post
    Didn't work out so well for me. Well produced and all, but I felt like I was stuck waiting for that hook to drop the entire time. It just never really gets off the ground, but keeps grinding on and on. Sorry, but that's my honest opinion.
    Dont be sorry, thanks for listening, I do also think is missing some more action. Had few hours to work on it but I will try to go to the studio later and imporve it. I will update it asap

The track reminds me of the girl back when I was 16.... Yes shes attractive and she seems to be rubbing you the right way, but in the end your left with blue balls, because all she did was rub you and tease you and you never got to get a shot off...

Blue Balls...

Good track, just needs something to get over the hill!
    13" MB OSX 10.6.1, 15.4" Retina MBPRO - TP2 , VCI 100 SE, NI AUDIO 4, 2 * CDJ 900, CDJ 850, CDJ 1000 MK3, HDJ 2000, HD25 addidas special, TMA-1, MACHINE,DJM 800, MF, X1, XONE DB4,NEAR 05 ESI STUDIO MONITORS, KRK VXT4*2, ROKIT 6*2, CRANE laptop stand, K2 A&H.

I gotta say that I like it. It's pretty good, but I would suggest to work on the second half. Like it has been pointed out before, the track feels like all build-up and no pay off.