Mixmeister Control and Traktor Pro

Default Mixmeister Control and Traktor Pro

"long time reader, first time poster"

Ok, so I've done a few searches and turned up little to nothing.

I figured I would post my experiences with the Mixmeister Control by Numark.

This particular piece of gear came by way of winning a local raffle, and although it works fine with the Mixmeister software, I needed a bit more hmmmm.... control? Enter Traktor Pro.

here's what it looks like...

Since I have never built a .tsi from scratch I have only gotten as far as 4 deck control with looping, EQ, Transport Controls, and monitor cueing. I managed to get the wheel to work as a jog wheel for the focused deck. I expect to have a (somewhat) usable template built by the end of the week, but so far I'm happy with the preliminary results. I don't really have a controller-based workflow from which to reference, so I'm not sure what I would need as far as what to map. I classify myself as a bit of an old school DJ (classic house) so my functional requirements are rather simple. To be honest, I wanted a rotary mixer but can't afford one... this controller seems to fit the bill for the rotary part anyways.

I wish I could program the lights to work, but my first priority was to get it in a functional state. I'll post a vid just as soon as I beat grid some tracks for the test. (I'm coming off a traditional turntable setup and moving slowly but surely to a controller-based setup.)

If anyone has any info on using this controller with Traktor Pro I'd appreciate some comments as I'm kinda learning as I go. This forum holds a wealth of information and I appreciate all the info that is posted here.

cheers!
    Last edited by Nosferatu; 03-23-2010 at 01:30 PM.

Tech Convert

I'm very interested about your project.
    Good luck for your TSI ... and share it when It will be done.
    Always too many cables...

http://www.recycleye.com/
    Music Video Inspiration

Ok, I sort of hit a workflow wall. Like I said, I'm new to the controllerism style and have yet to develop a mapping that would reflect my style. (it's kinda like ... never tried so I don't know what I need)

I don't have mappings for the FX yet and the only controls that I have available are the 12 knobs on the top left, the 6 buttons directly below, and the 5 push knobs above the jog wheel. The transport buttons on the top are also available. I think I'm getting overwhelmed by the amount of control that I "think" I'll need during a live mix.

I realize it is a preference thing, but is there a standard for the most commonly used FX controls? at this point I'm considering only the FX2 side of things since I'm not (yet) skilled at using the chained FX.

I'm using a lot of "focus" mappings to save knobs and buttons, but now I've got all these empty controls.

The current progress appears to be moving along nicely, although some of the controls exhibit odd behavior eg. jog wheel "spins" the sound when it is not playing...when the track is playing and I spin the jog wheel it acts as a bend. I assume this is normal, and as such I wouldn't need buttons assigned to pitch bend...yes? no?

I'll keep working on it.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
    Ok, I sort of hit a workflow wall. Like I said, I'm new to the controllerism style and have yet to develop a mapping that would reflect my style. (it's kinda like ... never tried so I don't know what I need)

I don't have mappings for the FX yet and the only controls that I have available are the 12 knobs on the top left, the 6 buttons directly below, and the 5 push knobs above the jog wheel. The transport buttons on the top are also available. I think I'm getting overwhelmed by the amount of control that I "think" I'll need during a live mix.

I realize it is a preference thing, but is there a standard for the most commonly used FX controls? at this point I'm considering only the FX2 side of things since I'm not (yet) skilled at using the chained FX.

I'm using a lot of "focus" mappings to save knobs and buttons, but now I've got all these empty controls.

The current progress appears to be moving along nicely, although some of the controls exhibit odd behavior eg. jog wheel "spins" the sound when it is not playing...when the track is playing and I spin the jog wheel it acts as a bend. I assume this is normal, and as such I wouldn't need buttons assigned to pitch bend...yes? no?

I'll keep working on it.
    Edit--
    Hi
    I'm making my own mappings, and half is done (mappings is for mixmeister control with Kontrol X1 - on TeLLy's TSI (4 deck control) 1.1).
    I'll post here pic when I finish and I'll put TSI on traktorbible site.

Sorry for my english
    Thanks
    g

PS
    I dont know how to set the volume and other leds but I'll keep working on it

EDIT2
    Leds working, I forgot to set numark control as out-port in traktor preferences
    Last edited by gaidjin; 01-13-2011 at 04:17 PM.

Tech Convert

Moved HERE
    Last edited by gaidjin; 01-15-2011 at 11:29 AM.