Omnicontrol Problems
    Tech Student

Default Omnicontrol Problems

Hey fellows,

i already posted on that issue yesterday (under controller mappings) but since i assume, it is not a direct mapping problem and nobody answered I'd like to post again in this subsection. Here's the problem :

i recently got my hands on a "numark omnicontrol" and went out to modify the supplied Traktor midi mapping according to my needs (Traktor Pro 1.2). Well, everything went fine until i wanted to configure some modify-actions... it didn't went well, even after consulting myriads of tutorials on that issue.

Ok, whats the deal ? I started out on a blank mapping and wanted to just make one button LED on when pressing it (MOD = 1). I configured the button as Modifier IN using MIDI learn, it sends on Ch01.F4, which is my "Pitch bend down on Deck A". Afterwards I tried to configure the Modifier OUT and told Traktor to send to Ch01.F4, which seemed logical to me. What I achieved was an LED ON for the "Key"-button of Deck B ! Wtf... now I was interested, how Numark managed this problem in their mapping. I discovered, that they ARE sending on out the signals on a different note, in my case it was Ch01.-C1.

Allright. Is it right, that LEDs receive signals on extra notes, not further related to the buttons above ? I'm no midi-geek, maybe this question sounds silly to most of you, sorry. If so, what am I supposed to do ? I have no clue, which button / LED receives which note so I see no chance how I'll ever map that thing properly ... and still become one of the most respected DJs

ok, I hope, somebody can give me a hint or at least a good workaround. thanks in advance,

Blubb

PS: Btw. i've been searching blisters on my fingers, found nothing on this board and anywhere else...

Are you sure you are using the right midi notes. I have a stealth, same thing. I went through my map, deleted all the LED commands. Made my physical map. Then went through using this picture and easily mapped all the LEDs afterward.