Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
  1. #1
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    388

    Default Big Blue Saw Review/My Custom DM2 Controller

    I got my custom arcylic top panel from Simon @ Big Blue Saw. The total cost was about $40 shipped, which was about $80 cheaper than my lowest quote. The turn around time was extremely fast, not even 4 days(upload of dxf to shipped to my home in Ohio.)

    I am extremely satisfied with the service provided by Simon.

    The only downside is on my part. I did not measure some of the holes correctly so I am going to have to ream them out.(I used the measurement of the button and not the mounting hole, (funny stuff) )

    Here are some pictures of the panel, and my controller progress.


    Last edited by TABS; 03-25-2010 at 02:10 PM.

  2. #2
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Looks good that, I am guessing a 4 deck controller for Traktor?

  3. #3
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesT View Post
    Looks good that, I am guessing a 4 deck controller for Traktor?
    Yes im going to use it to control 4 decks. There will be 1 slide pot in the top right to change tempos with deck focus (the four squares next to the x-session. are for deck focus)

  4. #4
    Tech Guru charo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    i AM the cookie
    Posts
    935

    Default

    i guess i don't know for sure but that sounds like a great deal on the plexi

    looks cool how thick the controller going to be?
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

  5. #5
    Tech Wizard
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NSW, Australia
    Posts
    30

    Default

    ahh yes,

    very nice, i have just finished designing mine after a long night!

    16 knobs with engraving showing 0 - 9000+ (for lols)

    16 Arcade buttons

    4 faders

    1 crosfader/reverse effect controll

    2 dual effects joysticks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #6
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MickoLX View Post
    ahh yes,

    very nice, i have just finished designing mine after a long night!

    16 knobs with engraving showing 0 - 9000+ (for lols)

    16 Arcade buttons

    4 faders

    1 crosfader/reverse effect controll

    2 dual effects joysticks!
    Looks pretty nice. what controller you using?

  7. #7

  8. #8
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post
    I'm guessing two EKS XP5's for the jogwheels?
    Nah its the stantard jogs that came with the DM2, they are pretty much the same as Xponent ones, but these have gears on them.

  9. #9
    Tech Wizard
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NSW, Australia
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TABS View Post
    Looks pretty nice. what controller you using?
    I have the livid builder brain doing all my processing..

    I almost went with the halemicro usb midi chip, but i needed more i/o!!

    working on using the hale chip for a smaller "just effects" controller

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TABS View Post
    I got my custom arcylic top panel from Simon @ Big Blue Saw. The total cost was about $40 shipped, which was about $80 cheaper than my lowest quote. The turn around time was extremely fast, not even 4 days(upload of dxf to shipped to my home in Ohio.)

    I am extremely satisfied with the service provided by Simon.
    Sorry I didn't see this until today. I'm glad the panel I made worked out well for you. The controller looks great so far; keep us updated on your progress!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •