Kontrol X1 Mapping
    Tech Guru

Default Kontrol X1 Mapping

Just got my X1's and I gotta give Ean and his guys props....the VCI-100 mappings here are sick compared the X1. I've been spoiled.

Looking for a mapping someone has, that I can expand on. I'm not to savvy with modifiers. Im gonna be that guy, and I'll offer to pay for some help making a custom mapping. You do it, or you teach me -- either way, i'll pay your for your time.

If anyones interested send me a pm.
    THanks
    Last edited by haze324; 04-09-2010 at 05:51 PM.

Hi Haze,
    What kind of maaping are you looking for? could you please give a lil bit more information?
    for What version of Traktor?
    Midi or NHL mod mapping?

Tech Guru

Renton. Whats up man.....i've got two X1's and have managed to map a few things, but really the creativity of the VCI-100 is better than anything out there. Simple things like when you go to scroll for a track it automatically goes to library view and when you select/load a track it jumps back to deck view. This simple function saves time and avoids confusion of having to press shift. Also im trying to figure out the best way to use the knobs/encoders as jogwheels. I've changed the beatjump to fine so I can get to a certain cue point, but it would be great if I could scroll back while a song was playing similar to a jogwheel. Currently I pause, then scroll back.

Like I said the VCI-100 has a great workflow, thats what I think the X1 is missing, so many buttons and options!!

shoot me a PM if you have something in mind.

version 1.2.4
    not sure what NHL is.

Native-Instruments gave me a free X1 for filling out one of the surveys, and so far I've been very happy with it.

Native Instruments actually has a place where you can upload mappings for the controller. So for instance I wanted to use the controller's secondary midi mapping to be able to control FX units 3 and 4. I found this traktor mapping that does just that and also allows you to control 4 decks: https://co.native-instruments.com/in...l&patchid=9219

Oh yeah, and this mapping has the whole switch to browse mode automatically that you were talking about.
    Last edited by TWD; 04-10-2010 at 05:51 PM.

So I've been thinking about this a little bit more, and I think the effect selection methods on the X1 could be improved a little bit. Right now there are buttons to directly load a specific effect into that slot, and there are buttons that will increment through all the effects for that slot.

However, I figure there has to be a better way. I noticed that I never use the seek encoder knob because I either just use the mouse or my timecode control. This would be a much better way to select effects. So for advanced mode shift.left/right.browse encoder browses through the effects. For chained mode shift.left/right.1/2/3 will select that slot for selection. So to change slot one I press shift+1 and then while still holding shift turn the browse encoder.

Here's my mapping. Any ideas for improvements?
    Last edited by TWD; 04-12-2010 at 03:34 PM.

Tech Guru

yep!!

Thats how I changed mine. Makes much more sense than hitting the buttons over and over. Right now for chained effects I mapped Shift and the button to turn it on to 3 chained effects 9 (ive only mapped three combos) and shift plus the knob for each effect scrolls thru effects.

For Advanced I have shift plus a button to take me to an effect, but the shift plus on/off button I used to scroll.

I also mapped Shift + Dry/Wet to change from Advanced to Chained.

What about the on button? I set the shift.left/right.on button to switch between chained and advanced.

Tech Guru

yeah I think im gonna change mine to that also. I had wanted to leave as many buttons available as possible to keep them as preset chains --- but really I don't use EIGHT presets.

its a bit easier to use your way, and yes using a 1/2/3 knobs or the encoder is much better than the buttons. I sometimes don't use my timecode and have to use my encoder knobs for seeking thru tracks. But really I never search for advanced effects. I have all the ones I used preset to a button.

Something I want to work on, just haven't had the time is the library and load track function. I want to make it work like the VCI-100. When you turn the enconder knob to search for a song it goes to the library view, and when I press the knob and load the track it jumps back to deck view. Having to press the knob to load, and then press shift + the knob to get back to the view seems like an added step. A few times I press shift+encoder and Im back in deck view, but still haven't loaded the track!

whatcha think?