audio 4 recording, external mixer, no timecode help.

Default audio 4 recording, external mixer, no timecode help.

hi,

am using a djm600 with an audio 4 and kontrol x1, only playing two decks.

ive been trying to record using rca's from the booth monitor back into the audio 4 to record within traktor but keep getting a buzz noise.

am i doing this correctly, or should i just connect straight into my line in on the laptop?

any takers?
    Traktor pro 1.2.4, Behringer bcd 3000, kontrol x1, DJTT midifighter, audio 4, hd-25's, Korg nanopad(for sale, pm for details), Sony Vaio vista 3gb dual core, 250 HD

anyone got the answer to this at all?

The manual aint no help either.
    Traktor pro 1.2.4, Behringer bcd 3000, kontrol x1, DJTT midifighter, audio 4, hd-25's, Korg nanopad(for sale, pm for details), Sony Vaio vista 3gb dual core, 250 HD

are the settings correct in traktor to record from the input you plugged into?

are you getting any sound at all aside from the hum? or just hum?

yeah, i think the settings are correct. got it setup as external mixing, with internal recording on channel c, which is set as inputs 1/2 which the djm goes too.

i can hear the music, but theres distortion over the top of it and the volume ont go up on it with adjusting the gain.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Look at a few things for me. In the PReferences -> Recording panel, the little meters next to inputs 1/2 should move when you are playing. What do they look like?

And in the Recording Panel in the browser in Traktor, how do the meters look there?

Do you have a Booth Out volume control of some sort on the mixer?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

thanks for the advice guys. got it sorted in the end. i had the presets to line and phono instead of just line.

had to mess with the latency settings aswell to get the clipping to stop.