(Axiom 25 and Traktor Scratch Pro) MIDI Controller help please!
    Tech Convert

Default (Axiom 25 and Traktor Scratch Pro) MIDI Controller help please!

I have Traktor Scratch Pro and an M-Audio Axiom 25 MIDI controller. I would like to use it as a controller for Traktor. But when I plug it in an try to use the learn button to recognize keys nothing happens. Also of note is I got the controller second hand and do not have the 12v power supplier. The only thing powering the controller is the usb cable. Do I need to download any drivers? I'm stumped right now so any instructions you could provide me with would be extremely helpful!

Thanks Neil

What OS you on? with the keyboard plugged in and powered on, do you see the "MIDI" light in traktor come on when you press a button?
    When we all make music, the God Spirit travels out of our bodies and we become one with each other. And for just a second, there is no war, greed, or hate in the world, just music, the celebration of life. (and usually a party, which is good too!)

Tech Convert

Ah the midi light comes on now and it recognizes the controller.. I think I must have plugged it in after I started traktor last time and maybe it didn't recognize it because of that? Anyway its working now! Sorry I'm very new to this..

Thanks,

Neil

Hey that's totally cool! I found that on a friend's windows machine, I moved his sound card from right port to left (more room for my hands) and traktor crapped out and I had to restart it. Yet on my macs and hackintoshes, I can hotswap all my usb devices INCLUDING my Audio 4 DJ and without restarting Traktor, it picks it back up right away.
    When we all make music, the God Spirit travels out of our bodies and we become one with each other. And for just a second, there is no war, greed, or hate in the world, just music, the celebration of life. (and usually a party, which is good too!)