How to create my own mapping - traktor pro / vci-100
    Tech Wizard

Default How to create my own mapping - traktor pro / vci-100

Hey wats'up forum?

I just wondering how to create my own mapping for traktor pro & my vci-100? I havent had my vci-100 for long but I really wanna change how the mapping is set, theres loads of things that I wanna change, so im just wondering if you guys can tell me how to go about creating my own mapping or point me to a tutorial etc

Sorry if this is a f.a.q but I've been searchin online for awhile and havent come across what I need so I just thought I'd ask

Tech Mentor

hey, creating a mapping in traktor pro is relatively simple. All you need to do is go into the preferences (by clicking on the cog symbol at the top of the traktor window) then select the Controller Manager tab. From here you need to select your VCI-100 from the drop down menu entitled "Device". Then underneath you will see a list of all the current commands and what buttons they are mapped to. You can click "Add In" to add a new command, then activate the "Learn" button and press the button on youir controller that you want mapped to that command. Then, that button will from now on perform that command. Theres a lot more to it then that and I suggest you read the MIDI Mapping section in the Traktor manual , but thats the basis of it

Tech Wizard

Easy as that aye - happy days

Thanks Fletch, much appreciated!

My suggestion would be to download a pre existing mapping that has some functions you like then delete all the mappings you're not interested in and remap those.

I do a fair bit of remapping but i'm not sure i'd like to bo one from complete scratch.

Just getting the platters right i found a balls for example.

Feel free to check out / change mine:

http://www.maxonemusic.com/tsi-files-vci-100/
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Wizard

Ah cool, thats a good idea, i think i'll do that.

thanks dude

Tech Guru

yes, def find a basic one and add to it.

if you search on the homepage for this site (not the forum) there are two blogs on mappings. One is basic the other is for modifiers. Also forum member armyofme I believe her name is has a short tutorial video on youtube that will explain it a bit.