korg nanopad hack?
    Tech Convert

Default korg nanopad hack?

3 pads from my korg nanopad wont work anymore..

is it possible to hack it and mod it with arcade buttons??

if anyone knows how to, please help me on what to do

thanks

I'm no expert at this, but given the "disposability" of the Korg nano series, wouldn't it be a better use of your resources to just buy a new nanopad?

I can only imagine that the inside of a nanopad very space-efficient, meaning that it'll be uber-difficult to physically mod, and if you do anything incorrectly, you're in a worse position than you started.

And who's to say that replacing the button will fix the actual problem? You sure won't be getting any velocity-sensitive results from an arcade button.

If it were me, I'd just buy a new one. $60. Simple.
    Trump

Trance is:"By far the best form of music that exists. A recent study showed that if a population is divided into musical preference, those who claim a strong allegiance to trance have the highest average IQ. Trance is the music of the genius-generation."

Tech Mentor

I'd give it a go myself. If its as cheap as Trump says then if you do kill the thing you can always get a new one.
    Although I do agree that if the buttons are broken now, then changing just the button wont do much. The problem is probably more than just that.

Tech Convert

to clarify things.. im not going for velocity sensitive buttons anymore.. and id want to mod it and make a new housing for it..

arcade buttons would better suit my style and i would like to use the scenes and the xy pad of the nanopad

the buttons arent actually broken.. you just have to press it a few hard times to get it to work

I can see the benefit of attempting this mod - it's a cheap way to get hold of a arcade controller 'brain'... it all depends on how easy it is to solder the arcade buttons to the board.

any photos of the guts?

korg will replace your nanopad for free and not even ask for the old one back!

as long as you have a copy of the receipt and its less than a year old.