ipod ripping

Thread: ipod ripping

Tech Wizard

Default ipod ripping

So my Macbook crashed, luckily not when I was playing or anything, it just got buggy so I shut it down and now it's useless.
    It's not all bad, because now I have an excuse to buy a shinier more powerful mac for DJing.
    I was very very very very lucky, in that all the songs I use for DJing I had in >200kbs and all saved on my ipod.
    But now I'm left with an ipod that has no library to sync up with, and I assume that if I sync it up with my new computer then it'll just empty all my music out and replace it with nothing.

SO

Anyone know any good tricks that rip tracks off ipods in full quality? There's a whole bunch of information if I google it, but I don't want to waste my time paying for stuff that may not even be the best software.

Thanks a lot!

try yamipod, freeware works great!
    OSX 10.6.4 | Traktor Pro 2 | VCi-100 FW 1.4 | NI Audio 8 | Xone 92 | M Audio BX8A Deluxe

Never tried Yamipod but I do have Senuti. It works great and they let you try it out for 1000 songs before your have to buy it for $18.

Tech Mentor

I've always used Sharepod, its freeware and works great.

winamp.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Senuti. Buy a external hard drive and use Time Machine!
    BlackBook, MidiFighter, Traktor Kontrol S4, AIAIAI TMA-1, Raw Passion