cdj800's timecode control
    Tech Student

Default cdj800's timecode control

hey everybody! first post here, i've been trolling the boards for awhile but am about to be making some big purchases so i thought i'd get involved. i know you guys are the authorities so here is a probably rather simple question: i had a serato user (so im questioning the validity of the statement) tell me that when using TSPro with the cdj800s that you lose the looping functions and some other key functions of the cdj console. i can't imagine that this is true, but if it is, would you guys recommend staying with traktor pro and getting the cdj400s and using them for controlling the decks midi? been DJing for about a year and i'm running a macbook, audio 8 and mackie d.4 pro as of now but want to also get some decks and maybe a launchpad to complete the set-up. also want to get the decks so i can work on DJing straight up without the laptop, just for personal satisfaction.

any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
    oh and here's a little one-hour mix i did a while back for your listening pleasure
    http://soundcloud.com/eatmyschwartz/...ffleupagus-mix

Tech Mentor

Hey, I'm not 100% but I would imagine you would loose those functions...

Tech Guru

no on my cdj 1000 i dont loose any functionality im 99.99% sure its the same with the 800's
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by CuttaBoi View Post
    Hey, I'm not 100% but I would imagine you would loose those functions...
    i'm hoping you mean wouldn't after this last guys comments. thanks you two though, anyone else know anything?

Tech Mentor

my bad 'wouldn't'** lol