Traktor Pro Recording Internally
    Tech Guru

Default Traktor Pro Recording Internally

Hello DJTT

I already know how to record externally... but how would i record my mixes internally using timecode?
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

Tech Mentor

are you using the djm 800 as a external or internal mixer with midi. If internal just go into recording tab in the preference window and change recording type to internal. If mixing externally you will have to link the audio back into the computer some how and record off that.
    I am not to familiar with the djm 800 but i just run a rca from the record out on my mixer into a input on my sound card. If you are using the mixer as a external mixer then i dont think you can record internally because traktor has no idea of the fader levels, or cross fader position.
    I hope that kinda answers your question.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Pretty much what Brad WEbb said. If you're using an eternal mixer and timecode, you're still recording externally so you shouldn't have to change anything. Just route an aux out (Record Out, Booth Out, etc.) to an available In on the Audio8 and you're golden.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Guru

well i know that but how do i record when running 4 decks?
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

Tech Mentor

allright thats a bit of a tough out. Since all the inputs and outputs are used. Maybe download a stand alone recording program for the mac and run the record out on the mixing desk to the mic jack on the side of the laptop and just record it that way. THats all i can think of.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

4 time code decks? I don't think you can record then.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by Brad_webb_87 View Post
    allright thats a bit of a tough out. Since all the inputs and outputs are used. Maybe download a stand alone recording program for the mac and run the record out on the mixing desk to the mic jack on the side of the laptop and just record it that way. THats all i can think of.
    that would work and you could use audacity, which is free, to record the mix. If the specs on your computer aren't great I would record into another computer to avoid issues with traktor. That's what my friend does because his computer is really old.
    2 x Technics 1200 mk5
    Behringer DJX 700
    Traktor Scratch Pro and Audio 8 DJ
    Novation Dicers
    http://soundcloud.com/anok-1

audacity ftw

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Student

Hey, does anyone know how to record on Traktor DJ Pro with only 2x CDJ 400's + 1x CDJ MIXER only connected with 2x USB cables ???????????? I can't find my audio 8 external sound card. Because the Traktor Pro internal Recorder does not respond to with internal recovering , and external recording you can only choose one deck like A, B , C or D? And i am using 2x CDJ-400's ?

I am new to this