tsi Glitch: Allows Backwards Playback of Tracks

Default tsi Glitch: Allows Backwards Playback of Tracks

So fooling around in Traktor one night I discovered some playback glitches. By playing a track and pitch-bending up with the jog wheel and then holding down the dedicated beat slicer button I found that on release pitch bend jumped up to +100% and the song continued playback with no further input from the controller. Moving the jog wheel stops this and pitch resets back to whatever it started at. Moving backwards produces a similar effect except -100% and the track stops. Again, moving the jog wheel resets pitch to what it was.

Now unless you wanted a stopping turntable effect, the above information isn't particularly useful. However, a more useful feature can be exploited when the track is paused. Moving the jog wheel clockwise and then pressing and holding the beat slicer button starts song from standstill and playback continues at normal rate when beat slicer button is released.

Even more useful, is that this same effect works in reverse, meaning moving the jog wheel counter clockwise and then pressing and holding the beat slicer button plays the track back in reverse at regular speed. Near the end of the video I tested Fader FX mode and it does work. Again, as long as you don't pitch bend using the jog wheels, playback is uninterrupted. Even scratching works, just don't pitch bend.

Gear:
    VCI-100 Firmware 1.2
    Traktor 1.2.4
    DJTT mapping V3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPtN6TYe_tc
    Audio quality is poor, I apologize.

Update: Also works with firmware 1.3

Also, an easier way to activate this speed up/slow down/backwards playback is to move the jog wheel adjusting pitch and then activate faderfx mode.