Macbook Built in monitoring?! WOW!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Macbook Built in monitoring?! WOW!

Ive got a 2 way splitter coming out of my mac's headphone out and you can actually put a master and monitor down each split. Its not very loud, but im impressed the internal soundcard can do this. Anyone else tried it?

Tech Guru

no how do you do it?
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

iam also interested
    S4 Macbook Sennheiser hd25-1 ii #Winning

Tech Guru

It's a somewhat old trick, but yeah, they can do that, the quality and volume isn't exactly great, but it's nifty none the less

Tech Wizard

I just plugged a 2 way splitter into my mac headphone socket, then you go into the traktor audio output preferences and select your internal soundcard. Select one channel for master and one for monitor. It's left and right, but if you make your output mono, it's an alternative that works ok in the bedroom. Wouldn't recommend it for playing out though.

Tech Mentor

it's not really a macbook thing, you could do that with any single stereo out.

(am secretly a mac fanboy)

Tech Wizard

I thought it was more clever than it was because i have one output to a mono sub and i plugged in a single ear'd peair of hd25s to test it. So in my mind it was 2 stereo outs. But thats not the case. lol

(In other news, I've just ordered a vci-100 black and a NI Audio2, arcade buttons from ebay and going to sticker the whole thing with moo.com custom stickers 22x22mm
    Going to source knobs myself and get the machining done for free as a favor from a customer.)

How are you going to source the knobs? I haven't been able to find them anywhere!

With the Mac there is a much more simple way of getting 4 out puts therefore giving you stereo sound on both you master and monitor get any kind of external soundcard does not matter what kind as long as it has a stereo output mine cost about £15. then open up Audio Midi Setup from your mac settings then click Audio and click open new aggregate device then press the plus button to create a new device underneath there will be a list with all you outputs and inputs select your outputs on both the internal and external soundcard then its should say aggregate device 4 outs. then you go into tracktor and assign the out puts to master and moniter, its easyier to work out which is which if you play a song while setting it up then exporting your settings which just saves a file traktor can refer back to. hope this helps.

Tech Mentor

same thing can be done in windows by using the asio4all drivers...just plug in a second soundcard and use the asio4all drivers as the audio source in traktor.
    Stanton SCS3 System

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast