Laptop help or sugestions
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Laptop help or sugestions

I am having a laptop built just for my djing . I am putting in 6 usb 1 sat 1 firewire . As far as software just operating system ( which is the best any feedback will help) and nothing else 4g memory 500 ghd .No ethernet no modem just what i needed to run Traktor .Anything i missed please please chime in want this to be right so please if i am missing or can gt rid of anything please let me know thanks

Well I recommend a MacBook Pro with Bootcamp to Win 7. You could have both OS's apps in case you need something in particular at any given time. Then having an external HDD with backups of all your files, apps and settings. That laptop has light on keyboard that helps a lot in dark environments.

Also while I know that you can build up your on laptop like those on http://www.sagernotebook.com/, having more than needed components can lead to higher fault instances. Obviously a all-in-one lappy would be great but for DJ'ing in front of people I try to stay with a simple laptop with a tried and true formula.
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Windows 7 32bit. Support for XP will be trailing off soon, so I wouldn't recommend that.

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

Well thanks but I am not a mac fan thanks for input . Was going to go with 7 so just keep it simple with no programs except for traktor and the usb ports needed to run my gear .Its either this or just buy a hp and strip it down to the bone.
    Last edited by deejaygee; 03-29-2010 at 09:25 PM.

I <3 my HP. Even though it gets hot enough to bbq on.

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

Tech Guru

Who and what is building you a laptop?, specs?, is it an OEM/ODM?

A friend of mine has someone that builds comps desk and laptops .He hooked me up with him and he will build me what ever i need .So i would like input on what i should and should't put in it .I was thinking 6 gigs of ram 500 ghd 6 usb ports window 7 32 bit .No ethernet card no modem ,camera ,or any other programs just Traktor

Building a computer with no network access is like building a house with no doors... And if you're going wifi only, might find some not so happy interference while you're mixing.
    When we all make music, the God Spirit travels out of our bodies and we become one with each other. And for just a second, there is no war, greed, or hate in the world, just music, the celebration of life. (and usually a party, which is good too!)

so then i should put in both the modem the ethernet cards

Depends on your home network and what other computers you have. If your DJ computer is totally isolated from the internet than there is almost no chance of getting any viruses or malware, and you don't have to worry about automatic updates interfering with the system and causing problems. On the other hand, you will not receive updates or bug fixes to your OS, drivers or software, which may cause instability down the road. IMHO you will be best served by having at least one way to access the internet, in case you need to download something. You can always turn it off when you DJ.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast