Traktor not playing
    Tech Convert

Default Traktor not playing

I was just using traktor pro the other day and then when i updated to the 3.4 vci tsi it will not play. It starts to play but then stops right after it is the weirdest thing. Any insight?

You need to provide more info--computer, soundcard, and more details on what you are experiencing.
    BlackBook, MidiFighter, Traktor Kontrol S4, AIAIAI TMA-1, Raw Passion

Tech Convert

I am on a macbook pro and i have tried with my built in sound card as well as my firebox. Basically the track starts to play and then plays for one beat then stops, kind of like if I held a cue button for one sec.

Several things you should try:

1) reload the TSI
    2) make sure your soundcard is working properly
    3) "make sure that your in and out ports for the general midi assignment are set to "all controllers" or even better, Vestax VCI-100"

Tech Convert

I have done all of these steps, but traktor will not play even if the vci-100 is not plugged in and no controller is being used. I even uninstalled completely and then reinstalled traktor and still the same problem. Even if I click with the mouse on the play button, it plays and then stops.

Try the new tsi. Usually if that happens to me its an audio problem.

Tech Convert

I did and no, luck. I ended up installing traktor on another computer and then dragging the main app file from there to my first machine, and oddly enough my hunch lead me in the right direction, IT WORKED!

[edit]
    Correction, it worked and then as soon as I imported the new tsi it stops again
    Last edited by procom32; 03-31-2010 at 12:31 PM. Reason: correction of statment

Tech Convert

So I went into the audio midi setup and disabled the IAC midi driver. This seemed to work I donno if it was interfering with the midi in traktor or what.

That was going be my next recommendation. It seem more like a Traktor problem then a midi problem.