Traktor Pro: Is there a way to visually determine bars and phrases - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    And, well, when you're working on the fly with a new release you haven't had a chance to really study life becomes a WHOLE lot simpler.
    I agree - how often have we picked up demo's from a mate the night before, or decided to finally play that obscure beatport download that you keep skipping over? You've listened to the tracks maybe once or twice, before deciding to play it out. There's nothing wrong with using the tools at hand to make sure you deliver a consistent performance.

well you can make TPro show you minute markers on top of the waveform...

it works well for me because i play pretty much exclusively house music, at 128bpm you know that each minute = 32bars (128beats) ... i like to play at 127, but its close enough... if the section in question looks about half as big as space between 2 markers its 16bars, if its 1/4 as big = 8bars, etc...

haha, i might possibly have the best solution. well, loads of you mentioned Cue markers.

What i do is that i set a cue marker (not every 16, 32 but 64). 64 bars is imho ideal number for cue marker density VS overall GUI of the track - ie not have too few or too many markers. Execution is not hard at all, all i need is to save 2 functions on 2 keys: beatjump set to 32 and other is store cue point. Then just go to very beggining of the phrasing of the song and then just hit jump twice then store, rinse and repeat, whole song takes up about 15 to 20 seconds.

I have 90% of my song i play grided this way. When you load up song which is 3 minutes long and then a song which is 6 mins long, with 64bars system you visualy see your song density. And more, you can plan very very ahead for transitions (ie transition point is gonna come up in 4x 64bar sections, with beatjump on the fly you can even move and edit your plans).

Then you can even edit your song more by using system of cue points, like using Grid marker visualy for highlighing begginings of the phrases.
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Tech Convert

All your responses were quite good thank you very much. I already had the beats to cue point enabled, didn't quite help the way i wanted it to. But i have to say Kupujte_Pytle's idea worked the best for me thanks alot! I set up 64 beat cue points and used beatmarkers to mark the beginning of each phrase...Presto! Works like a charm.. To take a step further it would be great if i could use the 9-35 cue points instead of taking up my precious hot-cues (which already one is taken up by the beat grid) anyone know to set up cue points 9-35??
    Last edited by DJSamRai; 08-16-2010 at 04:32 PM.

Can't for the life of me find the 'beats to cue point' in the preferences. Any help?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mistertuckshop View Post
    Can't for the life of me find the 'beats to cue point' in the preferences. Any help?
    It's in the list of items to display in deck details under deck heading. Click one of the arrows to see the list of selectable items.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by DJSamRai View Post
    Sup Everyone!

Just wondering if anyone has figured out a way to visually see how many bars are in a particular piece of a track. I know that if you hover the mouse over a part in the song it will tell you how many bars are between that point and the point of the song thats playing or cued up. But im wondering if there is way to be able to tell how many bars are in that break down coming up or is that outro 64 or 32 bars, while the song is actually playing?? I like to spin all kinds of music, especially together, so i cant always rely on assuming the basic phrasing rule of thumb for a particular genre of music. If anyone has got a technique they use for being able to tell how many bars are in a certain piece of a track i would love to hear it thanks in advance!
    what´s the basis phrasing rule of thumb???

Tech Convert

Default Visualizing Bars/Phrases

Quote Originally Posted by DJSamRai View Post
    Sup Everyone!

Just wondering if anyone has figured out a way to visually see how many bars are in a particular piece of a track. I know that if you hover the mouse over a part in the song it will tell you how many bars are between that point and the point of the song thats playing or cued up. But im wondering if there is way to be able to tell how many bars are in that break down coming up or is that outro 64 or 32 bars, while the song is actually playing?? I like to spin all kinds of music, especially together, so i cant always rely on assuming the basic phrasing rule of thumb for a particular genre of music. If anyone has got a technique they use for being able to tell how many bars are in a certain piece of a track i would love to hear it thanks in advance!
    I'm not sure if the option is available on older versions of Traktor Pro, but you can go to the preferences menu>Track Deck and choose your deck layout. In the Deck Heading section you can use the drop menus to select the "Beats" to display how many bars each track contains. You can also set a cue point at the end of a particular section and pick another spot in the Deck Heading section to select the beats to cue setting which tells you how many beats/bars there are until the next cue point is reached.

The DJ Tech Tools crew posted a tutorial on this about a week ago. Hope this helps.
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2013/03/2...ntdown-to-cue/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123