Forums down in 15 min(and now we are back !)

Default Forums down in 15 min(and now we are back !)

We need to do some work on the SQL database on the forums so the forum will be going down in 15 min, it should only be down 30 min tops unless something catches catches us off guard.

aaaand were back

Nice!

Somewhat off topic for a DJTT post but related to thread:

Any recommendations on how you learned the basics of SQL? Odd question but maybe a recommendation from a fellow DJTT contributor would be better than reaching to Tom, our always busy, creepy and short tempered SQL guy.
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Learned it myself.
    (Maintenance of MS SQL database servers for more than 7 years, now starting to work with Oracle databases)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    Learned it myself.
    (Maintenance of MS SQL database servers for more than 7 years, now starting to work with Oracle databases)
    Nice! Thats a lot of time. How you started? Just got a book? Around here SQL related jobs are $8 - 10k over what I make so it's time to start learning for a brighter tomorrow.
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Tech Guru

just get a random book about mysql .. get going with the first 2 chapters .. then just try out stuff .. hand out in #mysql or #postgresql on the freenode irc server and read the online docs .. read how other people are helped, start helping others ... $$$
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

yeah, i learned the basics of mysql back in 2002, enough to get me through basic database management, interaction with php, all that jazz. it's fun, and really really handy (read: essential) if you're building a website/forum. oh yeah and i was 13 when i learned it so it's not something too terribly complex. i learned through websites with free tutorials, there are tons out there.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Quote Originally Posted by lsmith View Post
    just get a random book about mysql .. get going with the first 2 chapters .. then just try out stuff .. hand out in #mysql or #postgresql on the freenode irc server and read the online docs .. read how other people are helped, start helping others ... $$$
    Perfect. Just what I needed Never thought about irc. +10. Thanks!
    Erase. Stop. Start.