What is your day job? (If any) - Page 11
Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    Not at all mate.

I thought you could use a bit of pep.....that's all.

Looking for a job is a job in its own. You sound older than 21....so i am assuming that you don;t want to jump into ANY old job...just for the sake of it.

Head up mate...eyes open. Something will come around.
    Cheers mate, I'm sure in time I won't feel like jumping off a cliff any more. When I go to the job centre they try and offer me jobs that are minimum wage. If they were positions I know I'd have fun doing then I'd have no problem with that. But getting up at 7am latest to jump on an hour or so bus ride to work some shit like packing boxes at a pharmaceutical company? Fuck off (not you, them)! I'd sooner collect my government cheque thanks.
    I go on websites and see thousands of people have looked at the same advert as me, is there really any point in applying? I have been for how ever long and not received one response. It's fucking bollocks! All the jobs I know I would seriously kick ass at go to all the hot girls, just cos they're hot. I got so many facebook (girl) friends who are working media based jobs and in school they didn't give a fuck about music or television work and the alike. They all did work experience in like JD Sports. I got a shit hot CV but it's fucking pointless these days. You gotta be either a hot chick or from another country to get work here now (not being racist, just talking from experience).

Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post
    Cheers mate, I'm sure in time I won't feel like jumping off a cliff any more. When I go to the job centre they try and offer me jobs that are minimum wage. If they were positions I know I'd have fun doing then I'd have no problem with that. But getting up at 7am latest to jump on an hour or so bus ride to work some shit like packing boxes at a pharmaceutical company? Fuck off (not you, them)! I'd sooner collect my government cheque thanks.
    I go on websites and see thousands of people have looked at the same advert as me, is there really any point in applying? I have been for how ever long and not received one response. It's fucking bollocks! All the jobs I know I would seriously kick ass at go to all the hot girls, just cos they're hot. I got so many facebook (girl) friends who are working media based jobs and in school they didn't give a fuck about music or television work and the alike. They all did work experience in like JD Sports. I got a shit hot CV but it's fucking pointless these days. You gotta be either a hot chick or from another country to get work here now (not being racist, just talking from experience).
    at least you want to do something about it, unlike some who are happy to sponge.

have you looked at everything? or just the stuff similar to what you did? even the mars bar factory in slough is better than nothing, as a stop gap...
    just throwing it out there

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    ... or wherever the hell it is they keep em.
    ...as if you didn't know

My bread job is being a freelance graphic designer and on my spare time I'm an extra in a Levi's store (there can be a while between jobs). It's pretty sweet but I've been down the unemployed overworked student with no apt for 4 years now so I'm glad it's finally happening...

dodge, I'm not gonna coach you but I wrote up an OK CV and a fucking SOLID personal letter. Like I mean it charmed the pants off anyone who would read it - unemployment is at a record high here but I had to turn down 3 jobs to settle for the best one. Being a charming devil that can talk to people is worth, at least here, ten times more than a CV will ever be... so yeah you probably already tried being super social, returning to stores just to say hi to their employees, but maybe you could do that in your spare time
    I used to link music in my signature but nowadays I don't.

Tech Wizard

Default Dancer/DJ/Artist and business

I am a DJ, Dancer, Artist. been studying business but only so i can start my own entertainment business. i DJ for Jammin DJ's about Three nights a week (sometimes more). i teach dance lessons one or two times a week. i also sell my own artwork on the side.

Tech Guru

design student

Tech Wizard

Hydraulic Engineer. I operate 4 reservoirs in the western U.S.

Guess you could say that I am just another dam engineer!
    MacBook Pro/Traktor 2.0.1/VCI-100SE/Akai MPK25/Nanopad/Audio2DJ

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    at least you want to do something about it, unlike some who are happy to sponge.

have you looked at everything? or just the stuff similar to what you did? even the mars bar factory in slough is better than nothing, as a stop gap...
    just throwing it out there
    Glad you noticed that man, yeah I do want do something about it. I hate this predicament and I hate having to go the the job centre & seeing all the scum bags who can't even talk properly & are happy to bum around all day. I don't wanna be one of them.
    Tried everything man, tesco advertised minimum wage shit in the cafe, thought fuck that, then eventually thought, fuck it Im gonna have to do it. Asked for application form & was told there are no positions in the whole store... and it's massive!
    Decided Im gonna jump on a plane next month to somewhere on the continent and see what happens.

Glad you noticed that man, yeah I do want do something about it. I hate this predicament and I hate having to go the the job centre & seeing all the scum bags who can't even talk properly & are happy to bum around all day. I don't wanna be one of them.
    Tried everything man, tesco advertised minimum wage shit in the cafe, thought fuck that, then eventually thought, fuck it Im gonna have to do it. Asked for application form & was told there are no positions in the whole store... and it's massive!
    Decided Im gonna jump on a plane next month to somewhere on the continent and see what happens.
    ah, playing the polish at their own game, lol

from the sounds of it in a way, some places would see you as over qualified or think 'why the fuck does he want to work here when he's done that?'. when chasing the minimum wage stuff you have to dumb down, a lot

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Kainos View Post
    Hydraulic Engineer. I operate 4 reservoirs in the western U.S.

Guess you could say that I am just another dam engineer!
    hehe good one.

I feel for ya! I went from 5 years at a very lucrative bartending gig to being blacklisted at restaurants and bars in my area. Had to feed my kids so I spent almost a year between cashiering at Target all day and graveyards at a gas station. It was very humbling coming from 8 years of bartending and 5 years of sound engineer work, but it paid my bills in the end. I think the shitty jobs actually inspired me more than anything else. I don't even make as much money now as I did at those crap jobs, but my daughter can say her dad's an out of work DJ now, instead of a gas-station worker.

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast