What is your day job? (If any) - Page 4
Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Abyrne7 View Post
    Many Engineers on here! I didn't think Engineering and DJ'ing was so common. I am a Civil Engineering Student at a local University. Currently on my work term and working for the government. Working on projects that involove new schools, new police stations etc.

Originally wanted to do Electrical Engineering before I decided that I also like to have a social life as this would be very tough. Civil isn't bad and working with the government is pretty relaxing as well! haha
    Bear in mind this a 'laptop dj' forum, and engineers are mostly techy nerds. You're bound to get more of us questioning 'the way djing is done' and finding novel toys like the VCI etc and ending up here ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

G-String inspector for the hustler corporation. Shit job i know but someone has to do it.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Firefighter. I get to drive an 800,000 dollar vehicle like I stole it, make a lot of noise, and nobody says shit. Best job in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterjunkie View Post
    Firefighter. I get to drive an 800,000 dollar vehicle like I stole it, make a lot of noise, and nobody says shit. Best job in the world.
    Not to mention you have carte-blanche to break shit with an axe! (including window of cars parked in front of hydrants).

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

I bend over and take it Mon to Fri 9 -5 from a large insurance company you may have heard of, I sell insurance to brokers who inturn sell it to clients. Brokers aren't happy unless they can feel your nose touching their colon and clients aren't happy full stop. As you can tell I hate my job. Pays the bills just.....
    I wait until my evenings/ weekends to get home, put on my tech/head helmet (see my Avatar) and become Fyoog. Then I DJ, listen to music, drink, go clubbing and generally cause havoc!!!
    Last edited by Fyoog; 03-31-2010 at 08:25 AM.
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

I paint all sorts of crap,

Houses, petrol pumps, industrial flooring - if its got paint stuck to it i have probably painted it. It pays the bills until my music stuff can pay them, but god knows when that will be - the music industry is a tough nut to crack.

I also work for DJTT where i get paid to answer all your general knowledge emails, product questions, answer youtube questions, do the occasional blog post and take care of the technical side of the forums - i putting far more hours into DJTT than i actually end up getting paid for and the hours i do get paid for are not really payed that well - that said i still love the job or i wouldn't be doing it

So in the end i wind up working a serious amount of hours in a week.

In my own time that i do get thats when develop stuff like the smartmixer, ms pinky plugin, other max patches, do a bit of djing and production work.

Needless to say i am a pretty damn busy guy, but don't really have a lot of $$$ to show for my work at the end of it all.
    Last edited by BentoSan; 03-31-2010 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pilmat View Post
    Not to mention you have carte-blanche to break shit with an axe! (including window of cars parked in front of hydrants).

Phil.
    Yeah, breaking shit is fun. I work in the hood so there's never a dull moment, something is always either on fire or getting shot at.

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    G-String inspector for the hustler corporation. Shit job i know but someone has to do it.

farkin hell u made day mate!

by the way: i heard of from this guy who gets paid by making j lo´s nipples hard with icecubes...sounds good...don´t think this job would need any kind of certifcation or stuff and u get a big bugs
    Last edited by Ed Paris; 03-31-2010 at 08:47 AM.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    HAHAHAHA....dude....BS is your middle name!

I likes it!

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

i thought it was NZ...?

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast