What is your day job? (If any) - Page 5
Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpress View Post
    I work for a large evil corporate food company in systems during the day.

At night i get paid to make mashups for a large games company (as of last week - wooh!).
    congrats can you get me a job there? haha
    Here's Where I Put My Stuff Remix's/Mix's/and............. Genrally Madness

Sound Cloud :: http://soundcloud.com/herbstrike
    FaceBook :: http://www.facebook.com/pages/HerbSt...2547446?ref=ts

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    I paint all sorts of crap,

Houses, petrol pumps, industrial flooring - if its got paint stuck to it i have probably painted it. It pays the bills until my music stuff can pay them, but god knows when that will be - the music industry is a tough nut to crack.

I also work for DJTT where i get paid to answer all your general knowledge emails, product questions, answer youtube questions, do the occasional blog post and take care of the technical side of the forums - i putting far more hours into DJTT than i actually end up getting paid for and the hours i do get paid for are not really payed that well - that said i still love the job or i wouldn't be doing it

So in the end i wind up working a serious amount of hours in a week.

In my own time that i do get thats when develop stuff like the smartmixer, ms pinky plugin, other max patches, do a bit of djing and production work.

Needless to say i am a pretty damn busy guy, but don't really have a lot of $$$ to show for my work at the end of it all.
    big props to you though you do a great job helping us noobs out
    Here's Where I Put My Stuff Remix's/Mix's/and............. Genrally Madness

Sound Cloud :: http://soundcloud.com/herbstrike
    FaceBook :: http://www.facebook.com/pages/HerbSt...2547446?ref=ts

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    i thought it was NZ...?

Argg.....HERE WE GO AGAIN!

*Rolls eyes*

KEKEKEKEKKEKEE

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by HerbStrike View Post
    big props to you though you do a great job helping us noobs out
    +3
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I work as an assistant to a very powerful attorney in one of the largest law firms in the world. Remember that credit market crash two years ago? Yeah, lots of our clients caused it.

Not thrilling times, mindless work, but pays pretty well for my age group and next week I'm sitting down with the manager of HR to see if I can get myself into a training/learning position to help teach these spoiled brats how to use their tools better so they can make more money.

And at night I sit around with my friends and bitch about how I don't get DJ gigs.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

airport security. i like it, get to meet all sorts of random people and chit chat and the schedule is easy - 5 days a week 2pm to 7pm. gives me PLENTY of time to practice or sketch or whatever, i can be in by 5 in the morning fall down drunk and still have time for a decent sleep. its not bad. my biggest dread when i started working there was that being a government job i would be working with alot of wanna be cops, right wing fanatics, and whatnot but actually its pretty diverse. i was pretty shocked by the amount of artists and musicians i met who work there, but i guess it makes sense - where else would one be able to work part time, still pull in a living wage, and get full medical benefits?
    i was always a shit student so this beats college any day of the week
    Last edited by diezdiazgiant; 03-31-2010 at 09:54 AM. Reason: spelling...

Quote Originally Posted by xolunt View Post
    Im a marine Engineering officer, Not the type that saves wales.... I actually work for a seismic exploration company at sea. I work 5 weeks on and 5 weeks off..

Whilst at sea I take a 12 hour watch of the engineroom. 0000 - 1200. somedays im busy, others I have I have my feet on the desk reading Djtt posts.
    Of recent im getting more into using my rig. Most days this trip I will usually have my rig set up in engine control room and play for a few hours, then again in my cabin after my watch.. Its good as there is no distractions here. Only thing is obviously being away from home for 5 weeks at a time... miss my son terribly.... but I more than make up for it when i return to Bali for 5 weeks of literally whatever I can think to do.

For everyday I work i get 1.151 days leave, so i actually work less than half the year and get payed for the full

...... im going home in two days, so these are the moments the job seems worth it. Somedays you h=just want to say fuck it, but working a 9-5 is my idea of hell.

Get to travell the world, I have done literally 2 laps in the last 4 months.....Dubai, malta, bahamas, canada, Honk kong, Japan, indonesia. Usa

To whoever it was that said they were in the navy, they should consider doing what I do, I got plenty of friends here who worked in various navys and they pay here is 3 times as good with 3 times as much time off.
    The only reason I won't do the sea life anymore is cause I have a little 8 month old DJ that needs training at home and can't justify being away from home like I have been for the last 8 years. Traveling the world is fun, but not in a haze grey ship :-) would rather see it from the DJ booth.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

university student. i work at a grocery store. i hope to run my own art gallery one day. i'm an art history and english major.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by munizj View Post
    i'm an art history and english major.
    Ah... aiming to be as useless as I am? What kind of lit are you studying? (I got a degree in English with a center in Medieval Renaissance studies)
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

I sell certain substances

I get state hand outs to pay rent and council tax

I DJ for cash on the weekends

all good

make more money than a city banker

Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast