What is your day job? (If any) - Page 7
Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DJPhaidon View Post
    I have a little 8 month old DJ that needs training at home
    It's the tiny ones that change everything. Wouldn't miss a moment.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    yeah, good luck with that

lol cheers

Quote Originally Posted by lola View Post
    same here. what do you study and where? i dont know why but i find myself writing a thesis for political economy. i can't wait to leave the academic ball and chains and to start my own business. weekends will be dedicated to party-promotions and hopefully music production/djing.
    I'm an English Major (and potentially Journalism Minor) at Eastern Illinois University, which is about 250 miles South of Chicago.

I wanted to be an English teacher, but I became all too aware of an over-saturated market of people who want to do just that, so I had to switch majors.

Where are you going to school?
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Ah... aiming to be as useless as I am? What kind of lit are you studying? (I got a degree in English with a center in Medieval Renaissance studies)
    ROTFL, my friend's sister has a master's in Old English, she answers someone's phone today.

Another friend's wife has a degree in Philosophy. She has a cartoon on the fridge that says, Philosophy Final Exam: What are you going to do with your Philosophy degree? (She is in social work at the moment and making a big contribution.)

Mind you, for the amount of paperwork I do and how little "engineering" I do, they could have printed my degree on 3-ply to increase its worth!

All just a means to an end. Now if I could just get this hook to work with this bass line, the world would be a better place!

Out, Phil.
    Last edited by pilmat; 03-31-2010 at 01:04 PM. Reason: typos...
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Editor for a local branch of one of the bigger daily newspapers here (yes, that stuff that's printed on paper. Oldskool rulez!). Took me ten years of slavework for shit money as a freelance journalist and a law degree to get to this point. I get to meet a lot of people that have no connection to dance music or DJing whatsoever, I write about the most insignificant stuff in the world and I meet a lot of people that don't trust me because they're scared that every word they say will be public the next day - just as seen on TV. 12 hours a day are not unusual, occasional weekend work mandatory.
    I love it!

I became a Infrastructural Business 2 Business Analyst, though I keep winding up doing application maintenance.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Guru

I'm a Application Performance Analyst with focus on Oracle Databases (9i, 10g) and OS unix-like (AIX, HP-UX, LINUX, SOLARIS, etc).

I'm currently working at the biggest South America's Telecommunication Services Company.
    I handle the Performance problems of almost 80 Databases from (100 mbytes to 10 tbytes size), whenever a system is slow or not working properly I'm called to find what is wrong and provide the best solution to it.
    Also I do the Capacity Planning of some systems ensuring that they will not run out resources (Storage, CPU, Memory, IO and Net throughput) and planning the next big purchase of the company.

My job is really specialized and I can get really stressed out at the end of day, sometimes I go to home really exausted and I can't get on my laptop again to "traktorize" some music.

I'm completing 1 year of mariage at may and my wife is my life, I can't get away from her we are really enjoying the mariage, even with some financial and adaptation problems that can occour when you are "Just Married".
    We go to clubs and raves every 2 weeks, we love the underground nightlife (Psytrance!!!)

For those reasons I'm still a bedroom DJ, playing in some house-parties just for fun.
    But I can't stop dreaming to play in public and start a DJ/Producer career.
    Last edited by V-Hoff; 03-31-2010 at 02:27 PM.

union stagehand for the past 12 years.

I've run the a/v for the local opera company for the past 4 years.

my industry is seasonal, (and i'm single!) so I have long summers to waste on music.

Tech Guru

Engineers WELL represented on DJTT!

I'm a Product Manager for Stanton. It's not just about new product development, it's also a lot of spec writing, manual/documentation creation, market research, etc. I've been here for almost 2 years. For the roughly 10 years before that I was a full time audio engineer - mostly doing live television production. I majored in recording engineering, but hated both my internships and was soured about working in the music business. I didn't discover the broadcast industry until close to the end of my DJ "career".

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by JWit View Post
    OK, am I the only non-engineer in here... I'm going to school for political science and communications, but it seems you are all like hardcore math lovers. Hell I literally don't have a single math related course in my curriculum haha
    Nah dude I am a second year university student majoring in psychology. You aren't alone :P

Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast