Ear protection

Thread: Ear protection

Tech Mentor

Default Ear protection

Just read the last post on the blog, and was wondering: does anyone know what classifies tinnitus? Is it a ringing in the ears at all times? or does a ringing in the ears when in quiet environments (i.e when you block your ears, or when there is no ambient nosie) count as well?

I think when you mention in the quiet and when you block your ears thats just mild case of the problem and will get worse if you dont look after your ears.

I take earplugs out with me clubbing as i know mine are on there way. Its scary, don't want it getting any worse.
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

when you cover you ear, like with a seashell, to the best of my knowledge you aren't hearing tinnitus but bloodflow in the ears...

tinnitus, is most noticeable when things are quiet but it's still there when things are loud too.

I have a small amount of tinnitus from an ear infection back in school.

everyone protect your hearing, safety first.
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

Tech Guru

Tinnitus technically is permanent. It's different than the temporary ringing you get in your ears after a show, though it's there for the same reason. It can sound like many different things, depending on the person and the damage, but it's generally a ringing, buzzing or squealing kind of sound. I have a decent case in my left ear from an ear infection when I was younger. It sounds something like an old refrigerator turning on in the next room. It sucks, but what can you do? I just try and maintain what I have, and use the etymotic molded plugs at events...

Take it from me, you DON'T want to get it. Tinnitus, that is. Get the earplugs
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets