Hit and Shit

Thread: Hit and Shit

Default Hit and Shit

yesterday I was working on a mix. I ended up getting frustrated as I thought it was shit, just wasnt feelin it. I recorded what I had come up with before packing my gear away.

So today I was thinking i would just start afresh, but before i did I thought id give yesterdays recording a listen....

Today it sounds like it rocks.... I like it..

Yesterday it sucked, today it sounds good..... WTF..

Does thi mean tommorw im going to hate it again?
    13" MB OSX 10.6.1, 15.4" Retina MBPRO - TP2 , VCI 100 SE, NI AUDIO 4, 2 * CDJ 900, CDJ 850, CDJ 1000 MK3, HDJ 2000, HD25 addidas special, TMA-1, MACHINE,DJM 800, MF, X1, XONE DB4,NEAR 05 ESI STUDIO MONITORS, KRK VXT4*2, ROKIT 6*2, CRANE laptop stand, K2 A&H.

HAHAHAHAHA

Moods....

Are you using the same cans?....speakers?

I know if i listen to my mixes with my MDR700's....it sounds great.

Listen to it again at work....on logitech headset....and it kinda sux. (not as nice sounding).

Don;t have decent studio monitors at home, so can;t REALLY tell.

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Yeh yesterday i was using normal speakers, today headphones....
    13" MB OSX 10.6.1, 15.4" Retina MBPRO - TP2 , VCI 100 SE, NI AUDIO 4, 2 * CDJ 900, CDJ 850, CDJ 1000 MK3, HDJ 2000, HD25 addidas special, TMA-1, MACHINE,DJM 800, MF, X1, XONE DB4,NEAR 05 ESI STUDIO MONITORS, KRK VXT4*2, ROKIT 6*2, CRANE laptop stand, K2 A&H.

Done the same thing - recorded a show for Purple Radio as I couldn't do it live, in a rush, with no time to edit it, or redo anything - thought it was crap.

Went back over it, and it sounded surprisingly ok ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

You will soon learn that you will be your own worst critic buddy. You may think what you have done is absolute crap, but to everyone else it will be the dogs bollocks. Don't be so critical of yourself I think some of our mixes are shit tbh but still get a lot of hits anyway. god bless bullshit lol.

Please Note: is drunk behond all reasoning
    Last edited by Jester; 03-31-2010 at 07:33 AM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

People see me cringe sometimes and they ask why, I respond "dude, you didn't hear those hihats and I was too slow on the B-fader work and I should have planned that drop a little better..." "wtf are you talking about? I didn't hear anything except awesome." >_< FFFUUUUUUUUUUU
    When we all make music, the God Spirit travels out of our bodies and we become one with each other. And for just a second, there is no war, greed, or hate in the world, just music, the celebration of life. (and usually a party, which is good too!)

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post

Moods....
    I agree.
    This makes all the difference.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

It really does. There are days I sit in front of my rig and can't even figure where to start. Then there are days when I spin for hours and figure out awesome mixes. All it means is you like it now. Run with it and don't let it get boring.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall