New controller

Thread: New controller

Tech Convert

Default New controller

Hi Dj'dudes

Im looking for a new controller to my Traktor Pro setup, im hooked on a A+H Xone DX, but i can't find any pitch-faders on it, is this true?

Otherwise i have looked at a Reloop Digital Jockey 2 Interface ed. but i don't know if it can run on a Macbook with OS 10.6.3

There is also the new Kontrol X1 unit but it hassent got it eather, i do not wan't to use the magical "Sync" button when i mix.

I would like to get me a controller with pitch-faders so that it can be used as my CDJ-400's

Or should i look at a third controller, please give me a advise

Denis
    Last edited by electrodj; 04-02-2010 at 04:24 AM. Reason: New input

you can assign pitch faders to jogwheels, encoders, and the likes (so they're are controls available for that on the DX. And actually on it, you're supposed to use the endless encoder next to the jogwheel as there's a vertical led telling you the pitch fader's position).

Back to your question: it's too broad, it would help if you would precise your budget, if you need to control 4 decks, do you need a soundcard, do you scratch, are you going to move with your gear, etc, etc...

Tech Convert

Super thanx for the advise, well i am used to run 2 decks but it might be nice to run 3 or 4 decks in the future to blend some loops etc.
    Well i havent got any budget jet, that is why i have been looking on several controllers, but i am really confused...

The setup is only for my living room, i have a pair of CDJ-400's and a allen 22 mixer to cary out on gigs, i am not a scratch dj, i play Techno, minimal, deep house and so on... i hope this can help a bit

Tech Student

Ive heard that the Reloop Digital jockey 2 is real low budget device, so its not really a good investment, the guy said that the knobs are way crappier than the ones on the vestaxs. The vestax controllers are the way to go reloops are not very good.

The VCI 300 is built for ITCH though. And you need a sound card for the vci100 if you want it for the traktor so i dont really know i would say you can get much more creative with traktor. So my opinion: VCI100se

Quote Originally Posted by Thierry View Post
    Ive heard that the Reloop Digital jockey 2 is real low budget device, so its not really a good investment, the guy said that the knobs are way crappier than the ones on the vestaxs.
    Its not a low budget device mate. Its a highly underrated piece of hardware.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Tech Wizard

Every review i've seen for the reloop is better than the vci 100 and i was advised to buy the reloop controller editon with a better soundcard such as NI's Audio 2 DJ although you sacrifice touch sensativity over the interface edition.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by electrodj View Post
    Hi Dj'dudes

Im looking for a new controller to my Traktor Pro setup, im hooked on a A+H Xone DX, but i can't find any pitch-faders on it, is this true?

Otherwise i have looked at a Reloop Digital Jockey 2 Interface ed. but i don't know if it can run on a Macbook with OS 10.6.3

There is also the new Kontrol X1 unit but it hassent got it eather, i do not wan't to use the magical "Sync" button when i mix.

I would like to get me a controller with pitch-faders so that it can be used as my CDJ-400's

Or should i look at a third controller, please give me a advise

Denis
    Why don't you use the CDJ400's to controll traktor?