route ableton into traktor?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default route ableton into traktor?

is this possible?

toying with getting an apc20 and ableton and was wondering if it's possible to run the ableton audio in traktor?
    i know it can be done traktor into ableton, but i want to go the other way round and use traktor decks/effects for final mix down - thinking as traktor has 'thru' options on the decks it should be workable?

running windows 7, 2ghz processor, 2gb ram on a dedictaed traktor boot that currently hardly touches any of my system resources

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Its possible, you basically follow the tutorials that we have availible in reverse, route the audio into a single deck and set the audio of that deck to audio though.

Personally though i think Traktor -> Ableton is about a 100 times better than Ableton -> Traktor, but your free to setup your system how you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Its possible, you basically follow the tutorials that we have availible in reverse, route the audio into a single deck and set the audio of that deck to audio though.
    i thought that would be the case, but wanted to check, however does it have to all of abletons audio into one deck?
    as apc20 has the 8 channel faders, i was thinking of pairing up the channels, and have each pair into a deck (4x2 pairs)
    (should've put that in the opening post)

Personally though i think Traktor -> Ableton is about a 100 times better than Ableton -> Traktor, but your free to setup your system how you wish.
    dj first, producer second, figure i'll get on better doing the bulk of the mixing/effects that way, lose patience with DAW programs after a while, lot's of ideas, get annoyed programming them

even though i could accomplish the same thing with an apc40, but extra cost etc....

this is a pure production only thing, not planning on bringing ableton into the dj side of things
    Last edited by BradCee; 04-02-2010 at 06:08 AM.

SoundCloud

No it doesnt have to be ALL of abletons audio into one deck, i assumed you were going to use this for djing which would be the best approach (for most people anyway).

If you wanted to have the 8 chans split up between 4 decks you would have to internally mix the 8 tracks down to 4 channel in ableton before sending these 4 channels off to the 4 channels of Traktor.

To be honest though Traktor doesnt make a very good production environment (but then again i was a producer before also became a dj).

No it doesnt have to be ALL of abletons audio into one deck, i assumed you were going to use this for djing which would be the best approach (for most people anyway).

If you wanted to have the 8 chans split up between 4 decks you would have to internally mix the 8 tracks down to 4 channel in ableton before sending these 4 channels off to the 4 channels of Traktor.

To be honest though Traktor doesnt make a very good production environment (but then again i was a producer before also became a dj).
    i'm trying to find a method that allows me to do things in real time with an interface i'm used to.
    figured i can do some pretty good 4 deck mash ups, so turning ableton into 4 virtual decks should suit me - tried just loading patterns into traktor, but that didn't work, beside obvious 4 channel control issues of vci, but can only hold 4 patterns at a time, with ableton/apc combo i got 8 patterns with 8 faders.

when i get round to buying the apc i'll let you know how it goes

SoundCloud

u talking apc20 still?

looks like they keep pushing back the due date on that...it was 3/16 now its 4/16

yeah i know, gives me time to consider other options

SoundCloud

I been thinking about getting an apc 20 actually

i'm not so sure about apc now, spent the last 5 hours doing the LED thing for hot cues with my mate on his APC 40

But we cracked it!!
    and without additional software

we've got;
    ins;
    Select/Set+Store Hot Cue
    Send Monitor State - invert on
    outs;
    Hot Cue State [x]
    Controller range @ -1 for min and max
    midi range at 3 (min) and 4(max)
    invert and blend off

now it flashes red if no hot cue loaded, and solid red if a hot cue loaded, and turns green when you press it

so maybe will still get the 20, gonna be just ableton anyways

SoundCloud

Tech Convert

Hey brad, can you post how you got the LED's to light up as described? I've been having a hack without much luck and hoping someone would show me the way...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast