Keyboard mapping help.
    Tech Wizard

Default Keyboard mapping help.

I'm trying to set up an M-Audio keyboard with my traktor + vci combo so I can use the keys on the keyboard to play cue points and do that whole beat-juggle/controllerism thing.

However I have absolutely no clue how to my keyboard for this.
    I assumed it'd be easy enough (tell traktor what you want it to do, then show it what button to press to make it do it) however my keyboard is already mapped up to traktor, for some reason (My noob theory is that it and the VCI share the same midi commands?) but I've never taught it to do any of these things, or imported any .tsi files apart from the vci100.

When I click learn, then press a key down on the keyboard, traktor regognizes that there's a midi command, but nothing appears in the learn box at all. But I suppose that doesn't matter anyway, because I don't know what command to give the vci to make it play cue 2 (fox example) on deck a when I hold it down.

I'm sorry if there's already information on this out there, my first response was google, but I've not managed to find much.
    Thank you so so so much, this could really change the way I dj and I'm quite exited about it.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Wait... when you press Learn and press a key on your keyboard it doesn't recognize the command? Have you created a new profile in your TSI for the keyboarD?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Wait... when you press Learn and press a key on your keyboard it doesn't recognize the command? Have you created a new profile in your TSI for the keyboarD?
    No...no I have not...
    I really have no clue what I'm doing, but I'm really keen to learn and get it sorted.

when you open the settings for your controls in traktor (where you also choose the function to learn etc.) there is a box on top, that allows you to choose your different devices. beneath that is a button saying "add".
    klick it, and be happy adding a hardware profile for your keyboard!