Where do you buy your gear?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Where do you buy your gear?

Hey all,

So I am about to make a couple purchases (thank you guys for your comments from my last thread; I decided to start off with an LPD8 and audio 2 dj with that traktor LE), and I have been browsing a few websites but I am not quite sure where to buy my gear. Ones that stand out so far are djdeals.com and of course this website as well .

However, I don't know what is recommended. Obviously I am looking for a reputable source that has nice prices and is in Canada/US. As well ideally a store with a large selection so I could make one big purchase. There is only one store that is in my city but they just charge wayyy too much for items; purchasing online would be much less expensive.

Anyway, my question to you guys is where do you shop to get all your gear?

We sell NI soundcards mega cheap, cheaper than i have seen them anywhere else.

another good site is musician's friend here, they usually provide free shipping with most of their items to both Canada and U.S. and they're prices are really good.

but yes in terms of NI soundcards, djtechtools.com is virtually unbeatable for price. I bought my audio 2 dj from here, good delivery time, the only thing that sucked is that I had to pay customs because I live in Canada.
    Last edited by bmo; 04-03-2010 at 10:32 AM.
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

I have bought all my stuff on Ebay. Buy it with PayPal and insurance it with Squaretrade.

Since local stores dont have what I need or they do at inflated prices I save a quite a lot on at Ebay. There at lots of stores there that sell new or stock B and some individuals with great feedback selling too. In 11 years dealing with Ebay I can say the standards have risen a lot and you wont get burned like 7 - 8 years ago.

Dj equipment in particular can be found for cheap from folks selling used. If everything fails, give them a go.
    Erase. Stop. Start.

When I have all the money I need (which is never) I usually buy from Guitar Center or Pro Sound and Lighting (badass local audio shop in Portland, OR). If I don't have all the money, then I use AmericanMusical.com . They offer 3-5 easy payments. Everything under 1k(3 payments) doesn't need a credit check and they just bill your debit/credit every 30 days! I love it
    When we all make music, the God Spirit travels out of our bodies and we become one with each other. And for just a second, there is no war, greed, or hate in the world, just music, the celebration of life. (and usually a party, which is good too!)

Canada/US I cannot help you out. (Though I would be tended to say DJTT webshop )

Here in the Netherlands, I am frequently checking the german website Thomann.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

thomann ftfw!!! except for my vci i bought all stuff there...good customer service
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

True that man!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Apart from the DJTT site, I buy local. The prices are very competitive and you have to encourage your local scene if you want it to grow.

In the Montreal area I use Italmelodie the most, followed by Moog Audio, Archembault and Steve's.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

I get my stuff from AmericanMusical.com as DJMutagen said their payment plan is great ,and everything else comes from here .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast