mmm traktor support for ns7, now that HID is supported?? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    Any word on the SCS.1d and Traktor, nem0nic?
    We already modified the virtual drivers for DaRouter to send timestamps as well as MIDI data (done a few versions ago). This was in anticipation of supporting SSL (with our SCS.3 controller). So we're already set to implement towards whatever we need to once the messaging is in place. Which (of course) makes me excited about the possibilities!

w00t!

Still got a huge sweetspot for that SCS.1d, so it would be awesome!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

i love the new directions this discussion has taken... more than writing music ive always just loved how with electronic media the means of manipulating it. i love that idea of specialization, that idea of like chicago our past was steeped in old rnb and blues and shit and the these originators of it were these guys on maxwell street who would make their own guitars, make thier own amps. i dont know i guess thats just some local history i always thought was inspiring

Mudo

Where is the 400x protocol description? It could be useful for maxforlive integration!

Quote Originally Posted by diezdiazgiant View Post
    i could be wrong since i didnt take it apart to confirm but i was trying to contemplate what they did to make such a platter contraption, and my best guess was this - you have a digital input on a midi board with cc assigned to playback position, the platter is moved by a the spindle being manipulated by a magnetic coil but the spindle is also connected to a digital encoder that sends a -+1 signal, so when you press play the platter moves and so does the playback position, you wind it back the platter continues to move forward but the playback position winds back. cue and cue points operate independently of this by working within the software while playback and speed is manually manipulated by the real motor.
    but again, i have no way of proving it at this moment since i am ns7-less for the time being but if that is the case as it is a hid signal and traktor supports hid now, it very well may work.
    SPECULATION...
    That sounds complicated. Wouldn't it work with only a simple encoder on the spindle holding the vinyl? I don't see why the software need to know anything about the platter, it's the vinyl that's important, right?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123